Words containing w, e, l
3 letter words containing w, e, l
- lew — Alfred Russel [ruhs-uh l] /ˈrʌs əl/ (Show IPA), 1823–1913, English naturalist, explorer, and author.
4 letter words containing w, e, l
5 letter words containing w, e, l
- below — If something is below something else, it is in a lower position.
- bowel — Your bowels are the tubes in your body through which digested food passes from your stomach to your anus.
- dowel — Also called dowel pin. Carpentry. a pin, usually round, fitting into holes in two adjacent pieces to prevent their slipping or to align them.
- dwale — Deadly nightshade or belladonna.
- dwell — to live or stay as a permanent resident; reside.
6 letter words containing w, e, l
7 letter words containing w, e, l
- alawite — a member of a Shiʿite sect inhabiting the coastal district of Latakia in northwest Syria.
- alewife — a North American fish, Pomolobus pseudoharengus, similar to the herring Clupea harengus: family Clupeidae (herrings)
- allowed — to let have; give as one's share; grant as one's right: to allow a person $100 for expenses.
- aweless — feeling no awe
- bejewel — to decorate with or as if with jewels
8 letter words containing w, e, l
- alleyway — An alleyway is the same as an alley.
- avowedly — acknowledged; declared: an avowed enemy.
- bakewell — Robert. 1725–95, English agriculturist; radically improved livestock breeding, esp of cattle and sheep
- bellmawr — a borough in SW New Jersey.
- bellowed — to emit a hollow, loud, animal cry, as a bull or cow.
9 letter words containing w, e, l
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- allentown — a city in E Pennsylvania, on the Lehigh River. Pop: 105 958 (2003 est)
- alley-way — an alley or lane.
- allowable — If people decide that something is allowable, they let it happen without trying to stop it.
- allowance — An allowance is money that is given to someone, usually on a regular basis, in order to help them pay for the things that they need.
10 letter words containing w, e, l
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- alderwoman — (in England and Wales until 1974) one of the senior female members of a local council, elected by other councillors
- allowables — that may be allowed; legitimate; permissible: an allowable tax deduction.
- answerable — If you are answerable to someone, you have to report to them and explain your actions.
- answerless — not having or offering an answer
11 letter words containing w, e, l
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- all-weather — All-weather sports take place on an artificial surface instead of on grass.
- alpha-waves — a pattern of slow brain waves (alpha waves) in normal persons at rest with closed eyes, thought by some to be associated with an alert but daydreaming mind.
- amperes-law — the law that a magnetic field induced by an electric current is, at any point, directly proportional to the product of the current intensity and the length of the current conductor, inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the point and the conductor, and perpendicular to the plane joining the point and the conductor.
- arm-wrestle — (of two people) to sit facing each other with the elbows resting on a table and clasping hands with each other, each trying to force the other's arm flat onto the table while keeping his or her own elbow touching the table
12 letter words containing w, e, l
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- all-powerful — An all-powerful person or organization has the power to do anything they want.
- baden-powell — Robert Stephenson Smyth (smɪθ, smaɪθ), 1st Baron Baden-Powell. 1857–1941, British general, noted for his defence of Mafeking (1899–1900) in the Boer War; founder of the Boy Scouts (1908) and (with his sister Agnes) the Girl Guides (1910)
13 letter words containing w, e, l
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- assemblywoman — In the United States, an assemblywoman is a female elected member of an assembly of people who make decisions and laws.
- beetle-browed — having bushy or overhanging eyebrows
14 letter words containing w, e, l
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- below-the-line — denoting the entries printed below the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account that show how any profit is to be distributed
- blanket-flower — any composite plant of the genus Gaillardia, having showy heads of yellow or red flowers.
- brother-in-law — Someone's brother-in-law is the brother of their husband or wife, or the man who is married to their sister.
15 letter words containing w, e, l
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- attorney-at-law — a lawyer qualified to represent in court a party to a legal action
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
16 letter words containing w, e, l
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- bethmann-hollweg — Theobald von [tey-oh-bahlt fuh n] /ˈteɪ oʊˌbɑlt fən/ (Show IPA), 1856–1921, German statesman: chancellor 1909–17.
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- counterclockwise — If something is moving counterclockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- dyed-in-the-wool — through and through; complete: a dyed-in-the-wool reformer.
17 letter words containing w, e, l
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- downwardly-mobile — See under vertical mobility (def 1).
- flower-of-an-hour — a malvaceous Old World herbaceous plant, Hibiscus trionum, having pale yellow flowers with a bladder-like calyx
- glory-of-the-snow — any of several plants belonging to the genus Chionodoxa, of the lily family, native to the Old World, having showy, blue, white, or pink flowers that bloom early in the spring.
- ladies-in-waiting — plural of lady-in-waiting.
18 letter words containing w, e, l
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
19 letter words containing w, e, l
20 letter words containing w, e, l
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- mecklenburg-schwerin — a former state in NE Germany, formed in 1934 from two states (Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
21 letter words containing w, e, l
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
On this page, we collect all words with W, E, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8546 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, E, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.