Words containing w, e, i
4 letter words containing w, e, i
5 letter words containing w, e, i
- bewig — to cover with a wig
- bowie — David, real name David Jones. 1947–2016, British rock singer, songwriter, and film actor. His recordings include "Space Oddity" (1969), The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972), Young Americans (1975), Heroes (1977), Let's Dance (1983), The Next Day (2013), and Blackstar (2016)
- dowie — dull; melancholy; dismal.
- edwin — MIT Scheme
- gwine — present part. of go1 .
6 letter words containing w, e, i
- alwite — white (def 11).
- aweigh — (of an anchor) no longer hooked into the bottom; hanging by its rode
- awhile — Awhile means for a short time. It is more commonly spelled 'a while', which is considered more correct, especially in British English.
- bewail — If you bewail something, you express great sorrow about it.
- bewick — Thomas. 1753–1828, English wood engraver; his best-known works are Chillingham Bull (1789), a large woodcut, Aesop's Fables (1818), and his History of British Birds (1797–1804)
7 letter words containing w, e, i
- aircrew — The aircrew on a plane are the pilot and other people who are responsible for flying it and for looking after any passengers who are on it.
- alawite — a member of a Shiʿite sect inhabiting the coastal district of Latakia in northwest Syria.
- alewife — a North American fish, Pomolobus pseudoharengus, similar to the herring Clupea harengus: family Clupeidae (herrings)
- anywise — in any way or manner; at all
- awaited — to wait for; expect; look for: He is still awaiting an answer.
8 letter words containing w, e, i
- airscrew — an aircraft propeller
- airwaves — The airwaves is used to refer to the activity of broadcasting on radio and television. For example, if someone says something over the airwaves, they say it on the radio or television.
- atwitter — twittering, nervously excited
- barbwire — barbed wire
- beeswing — a light filmy crust of tartar that forms in port and some other wines after long keeping in the bottle
9 letter words containing w, e, i
- anglewing — any of several nymphalid butterflies, especially of the genus Polygonia, having angular notches on the outer edges of the forewings.
- antiwhite — hostile to White people
- antwackie — old-fashioned
- awakening — the start of a feeling or awareness in a person
- bawdiness — indecent; lewd; obscene: another of his bawdy stories.
10 letter words containing w, e, i
- activewear — clothing for wear while engaging in sports, recreation, etc.; sportswear
- aircrewman — a member of an aircrew.
- autowinder — a battery-operated device for advancing the film in a camera automatically after each exposure
- bedwetting — Bedwetting means urinating in bed, usually by small children.
- betweenity — the state of lying between two extremes
11 letter words containing w, e, i
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- awash-river — a river in E Ethiopia, flowing NE through the Great Rift Valley to near the Djibouti border. 500 miles (805 km) long.
- awestricken — filled with awe.
- backswimmer — an aquatic bug belonging to the family Notonectidae that swims on its back using its back legs as oars
- bed-wetting — the act or habit of involuntarily urinating in bed
12 letter words containing w, e, i
- anuszkiewicz — Richard Joseph, born 1930, U.S. op-art painter.
- awe-stricken — filled with awe.
- bantamweight — A bantamweight is a boxer who weighs between 51 and 53.5 kilograms, or a wrestler who weighs between 52 and 57 kilograms. A bantamweight is heavier than a flyweight but lighter than a featherweight.
- berwickshire — (until 1975) a county of SE Scotland: part of the Borders region from 1975 to 1996, now part of Scottish Borders council area
- betweenbrain — the posterior part of the forebrain
13 letter words containing w, e, i
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- aperitif-wine — a small drink of alcoholic liquor taken to stimulate the appetite before a meal.
14 letter words containing w, e, i
- below-the-line — denoting the entries printed below the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account that show how any profit is to be distributed
- bonded-whiskey — something that binds, fastens, confines, or holds together.
- braunschweiger — a smoked liver sausage, named after the city of Braunschweig
- brother-in-law — Someone's brother-in-law is the brother of their husband or wife, or the man who is married to their sister.
- code-switching — Linguistics. the alternating or mixed use of two or more languages, especially within the same discourse: My grandma’s code-switching when we cook together reminds me of my family's origins. Bilingual students are discouraged from code-switching during class.
15 letter words containing w, e, i
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- casement-window — a window sash opening on hinges that are generally attached to the upright side of its frame.
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- coldwater-river — a river in NW Mississippi, flowing S to the Tallahatchie River. 220 miles (354 km) long.
- contraclockwise — Counterclockwise.
16 letter words containing w, e, i
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- counterclockwise — If something is moving counterclockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- creditworthiness — having a satisfactory credit rating.
- curtain-twitcher — a person who likes to watch unobserved what other people are doing
- dyed-in-the-wool — through and through; complete: a dyed-in-the-wool reformer.
17 letter words containing w, e, i
18 letter words containing w, e, i
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- schleswig-holstein — two contiguous duchies of Denmark that were a center of international tension in the 19th century: Prussia annexed Schleswig 1864 and Holstein 1866.
19 letter words containing w, e, i
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- nine--days---wonder — an event or thing that arouses considerable but short-lived interest or excitement.
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
20 letter words containing w, e, i
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
- mecklenburg-schwerin — a former state in NE Germany, formed in 1934 from two states (Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
21 letter words containing w, e, i
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
22 letter words containing w, e, i
- mind-your-own-business — baby's-tears.
On this page, we collect all words with W, E, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9735 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, E, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.