Words containing w, e
3 letter words containing w, e
4 letter words containing w, e
- anew — If you do something anew, you do it again, often in a different way from before.
- auew — Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers
- awed — wondering and respectful
- awes — an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like: in awe of God; in awe of great political figures.
- awre — Atomic Weapons Research Establishment
5 letter words containing w, e
- agnew — Spiro (ˈspɪərəʊ) Theodore. 1918–96, US Republican politician; vice president (1969–73)
- askew — Something that is askew is not straight or not level with what it should be level with.
- awake — Someone who is awake is not sleeping.
- aware — If you are aware of something, you know about it.
- awned — a bristlelike appendage of a plant, especially on the glumes of grasses.
6 letter words containing w, e
- abwehr — the German high-command service for espionage, counterintelligence, and sabotage during World War II.
- adware — a type of computer software that collects information about a user's browsing patterns in order to display relevant advertisements in his or her Web browser
- alwite — white (def 11).
- andrew — Saint. one of the twelve apostles of Jesus; the brother of Peter; patron saint of Scotland. Feast day: Nov 30
- answer — When you answer someone who has asked you something, you say something back to them.
7 letter words containing w, e
- aerotow — to tow (an aircraft) through the air.
- aircrew — The aircrew on a plane are the pilot and other people who are responsible for flying it and for looking after any passengers who are on it.
- alawite — a member of a Shiʿite sect inhabiting the coastal district of Latakia in northwest Syria.
- alewife — a North American fish, Pomolobus pseudoharengus, similar to the herring Clupea harengus: family Clupeidae (herrings)
- allowed — to let have; give as one's share; grant as one's right: to allow a person $100 for expenses.
8 letter words containing w, e
- agueweed — a North American gentianaceous plant, Gentiana quinquefolia, that has clusters of pale blue-violet or white flowers
- airscrew — an aircraft propeller
- airwaves — The airwaves is used to refer to the activity of broadcasting on radio and television. For example, if someone says something over the airwaves, they say it on the radio or television.
- alleyway — An alleyway is the same as an alley.
- andrewes — Lancelot. 1555–1626, English bishop and theologian
9 letter words containing w, e
- accessway — a path, route, etc., that provides access to a specific destination or property, as to a public beach or state park.
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterword — An afterword is a short essay at the end of a book, usually written by the author.
10 letter words containing w, e
- activewear — clothing for wear while engaging in sports, recreation, etc.; sportswear
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- aircrewman — a member of an aircrew.
- alderwoman — (in England and Wales until 1974) one of the senior female members of a local council, elected by other councillors
11 letter words containing w, e
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
12 letter words containing w, e
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- all-powerful — An all-powerful person or organization has the power to do anything they want.
- anuszkiewicz — Richard Joseph, born 1930, U.S. op-art painter.
13 letter words containing w, e
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- ajmer-merwara — a former province in NW India. 2400 sq. mi. (6216 sq. km).
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- amakwerekwere — a term used by Black people to refer to foreign Africans
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
14 letter words containing w, e
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
- below-the-line — denoting the entries printed below the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account that show how any profit is to be distributed
- blanket-flower — any composite plant of the genus Gaillardia, having showy heads of yellow or red flowers.
15 letter words containing w, e
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- attorney-at-law — a lawyer qualified to represent in court a party to a legal action
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
16 letter words containing w, e
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- bethmann-hollweg — Theobald von [tey-oh-bahlt fuh n] /ˈteɪ oʊˌbɑlt fən/ (Show IPA), 1856–1921, German statesman: chancellor 1909–17.
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- counterclockwise — If something is moving counterclockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- creditworthiness — having a satisfactory credit rating.
17 letter words containing w, e
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- downwardly-mobile — See under vertical mobility (def 1).
18 letter words containing w, e
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
19 letter words containing w, e
20 letter words containing w, e
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
21 letter words containing w, e
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
On this page, we collect all words with W, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 19736 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.