Words containing w, a, t, e
4 letter words containing w, a, t, e
5 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- sweat — to perspire, especially freely or profusely.
- tawer — to prepare or dress (some raw material) for use or further manipulation.
- tawie — docile; easy to manage.
- tawse — a leather strap having one end cut into thongs, formerly used as an instrument of punishment by a schoolteacher
- tweak — to pinch and pull with a jerk and twist: to tweak someone's ear; to tweak someone's nose.
6 letter words containing w, a, t, e
7 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- aerotow — to tow (an aircraft) through the air.
- alawite — a member of a Shiʿite sect inhabiting the coastal district of Latakia in northwest Syria.
- antwerp — a province of N Belgium. Pop: 1 668 812 (2004 est). Area: 2859 sq km (1104 sq miles)
- antwren — any of several small antbirds, especially of the genus Myrmotherula.
- artware — an article of china, porcelain, glass, or the like, prized for its artistry and collected as an art object: a rare collection of artwares.
8 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- atwitter — twittering, nervously excited
- aweather — towards the weather
- bedstraw — any of numerous rubiaceous plants of the genus Galium, which have small white or yellow flowers and prickly or hairy fruits: some species formerly used as straw for beds as they are aromatic when dry
- bestowal — to present as a gift; give; confer (usually followed by on or upon): The trophy was bestowed upon the winner.
- browbeat — If someone tries to browbeat you, they try to force you to do what they want.
9 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterword — An afterword is a short essay at the end of a book, usually written by the author.
- afterwork — outside work hours; taking place or done after one's regular job is finished.
10 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- activewear — clothing for wear while engaging in sports, recreation, etc.; sportswear
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- atef-crown — a symbolic headdress of certain Egyptian gods, as Osiris, and of Egyptian kings, consisting of a tall conical cap flanked by two plumes and bearing representations of the uraeus and the sun.
- autowinder — a battery-operated device for advancing the film in a camera automatically after each exposure
11 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
- all-weather — All-weather sports take place on an artificial surface instead of on grass.
- arm-wrestle — (of two people) to sit facing each other with the elbows resting on a table and clasping hands with each other, each trying to force the other's arm flat onto the table while keeping his or her own elbow touching the table
- awestricken — filled with awe.
12 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- awe-stricken — filled with awe.
- bantamweight — A bantamweight is a boxer who weighs between 51 and 53.5 kilograms, or a wrestler who weighs between 52 and 57 kilograms. A bantamweight is heavier than a flyweight but lighter than a featherweight.
- basketweaver — a person who advocates simple, natural, and unsophisticated living
- battleworthy — capable of engaging in combat; ready for battle: a decline in the nation's battleworthy forces.
- betweenbrain — the posterior part of the forebrain
13 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- aperitif-wine — a small drink of alcoholic liquor taken to stimulate the appetite before a meal.
14 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
- blanket-flower — any composite plant of the genus Gaillardia, having showy heads of yellow or red flowers.
- brother-in-law — Someone's brother-in-law is the brother of their husband or wife, or the man who is married to their sister.
- carpet-sweeper — a household device with a revolving brush for sweeping carpets
15 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- attorney-at-law — a lawyer qualified to represent in court a party to a legal action
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- casement-window — a window sash opening on hinges that are generally attached to the upright side of its frame.
16 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- bethmann-hollweg — Theobald von [tey-oh-bahlt fuh n] /ˈteɪ oʊˌbɑlt fən/ (Show IPA), 1856–1921, German statesman: chancellor 1909–17.
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- curtain-twitcher — a person who likes to watch unobserved what other people are doing
- knowledgeability — possessing or exhibiting knowledge, insight, or understanding; intelligent; well-informed; discerning; perceptive.
- packet-switching — a method of efficient data transmission whereby the initial message is broken into relatively small units, or packets, that are routed independently and subsequently reassembled.
17 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- great-grandnephew — a grandson of one's nephew or niece.
- ladies-in-waiting — plural of lady-in-waiting.
18 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
- west-northwestward — moving, bearing, facing, or situated toward the west-northwest.
- west-southwestward — moving, bearing, facing, or situated toward the west-southwest.
19 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- country-and-western — country music.
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- straightforwardness — going or directed straight ahead: a straightforward gaze.
- websters-dictionary — Informal. a dictionary of the English language, especially American English, such as Dictionary.com.
20 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
- strawberry-raspberry — an arching, prickly, Japanese plant, Rubus illecebrosus, of the rose family, having an herbaceous stem, white, fragrant flowers, and large, edible, scarlet fruit.
21 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- surface-to-underwater — (of a missile, message, etc.) traveling from the surface of the earth to a target underwater.
- watenstedt-salzgitter — former name of Salzgitter.
22 letter words containing w, a, t, e
- the-leaning-tower-pisa — a round, marble campanile in Pisa, Italy, begun in 1174 and now 17 feet (5.2 meters) out of the perpendicular in its height of 179 feet (54 meters).
On this page, we collect all words with W, A, T, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6065 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, A, T, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.