Words containing w, a, s
3 letter words containing w, a, s
4 letter words containing w, a, s
- awes — an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like: in awe of God; in awe of great political figures.
- basw — British Association of Social Workers
- daws — jackdaw.
- haws — to utter a sound representing a hesitation or pause in speech.
- jaws — a swelling wave of water; billow.
5 letter words containing w, a, s
- askew — Something that is askew is not straight or not level with what it should be level with.
- aswan — an ancient town in SE Egypt, on the Nile, just below the First Cataract. Pop: 249 000 (2005 est)
- awacs — airborne warning and control system
- awash — If the ground or a floor is awash, it is covered in water, often because of heavy rain or as the result of an accident.
- aways — to cease to live; undergo the complete and permanent cessation of all vital functions; become dead.
6 letter words containing w, a, s
- always — If you always do something, you do it whenever a particular situation occurs. If you always did something, you did it whenever a particular situation occurred.
- answer — When you answer someone who has asked you something, you say something back to them.
- arrows — a slender, straight, generally pointed missile or weapon made to be shot from a bow and equipped with feathers at the end of the shaft near the nock, for controlling flight.
- aswarm — filled, esp with moving things; swarming
- aswirl — whirling
7 letter words containing w, a, s
- airshow — An airshow is an event at which aeroplane pilots entertain the public by performing very skilful and complicated movements with the aircraft in the sky.
- airwash — to cool (a roof or the like) with a current of air.
- andrews — Thomas. 1813–85, Irish physical chemist, noted for his work on the liquefaction of gases
- answers — a spoken or written reply or response to a question, request, letter, etc.: He sent an answer to my letter promptly.
- anyways — Anyways is a non-standard form of anyway.
8 letter words containing w, a, s
- advowson — the right of presentation to a vacant benefice
- airscrew — an aircraft propeller
- airwaves — The airwaves is used to refer to the activity of broadcasting on radio and television. For example, if someone says something over the airwaves, they say it on the radio or television.
- andrewes — Lancelot. 1555–1626, English bishop and theologian
- answerer — someone who answers
9 letter words containing w, a, s
- accessway — a path, route, etc., that provides access to a specific destination or property, as to a public beach or state park.
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- almswoman — a woman who gives or receives alms
- aloeswood — agalloch.
- always-on — remaining available at all times
10 letter words containing w, a, s
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- allhallows — All Saints' Day
- allowables — that may be allowed; legitimate; permissible: an allowable tax deduction.
- answerable — If you are answerable to someone, you have to report to them and explain your actions.
- answerback — a reply or answering message from a computer or other electronic device, as by means of teletypewriter or simulated voice.
11 letter words containing w, a, s
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- alpha-waves — a pattern of slow brain waves (alpha waves) in normal persons at rest with closed eyes, thought by some to be associated with an alert but daydreaming mind.
- amperes-law — the law that a magnetic field induced by an electric current is, at any point, directly proportional to the product of the current intensity and the length of the current conductor, inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the point and the conductor, and perpendicular to the plane joining the point and the conductor.
- arkansawyer — an Arkansan.
12 letter words containing w, a, s
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- allhallowmas — All Saints' Day.
- anuszkiewicz — Richard Joseph, born 1930, U.S. op-art painter.
- arm-twisting — persuasion
- assbackwards — in an order or way reverse from the usual: You've sewn the sleeve on assbackwards.
13 letter words containing w, a, s
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- assemblywoman — In the United States, an assemblywoman is a female elected member of an assembly of people who make decisions and laws.
- awe-inspiring — If you describe someone or something as awe-inspiring, you are emphasizing that you think that they are remarkable and amazing, although sometimes rather frightening.
14 letter words containing w, a, s
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- basotho-qwaqwa — (formerly) a Bantustan in South Africa, in the Orange Free State; the only Bantustan without exclaves: abolished in 1993
- bophuthatswana — (formerly) a Bantu homeland in N South Africa: consisted of six separate areas; declared independent by South Africa in 1977 although this was not internationally recognized; abolished in 1993. Capital: Mmabatho
- braunschweiger — a smoked liver sausage, named after the city of Braunschweig
- carpet-sweeper — a household device with a revolving brush for sweeping carpets
15 letter words containing w, a, s
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- brown-and-serve — requiring only a brief period of browning, as in an oven, before being ready to serve: brown-and-serve rolls.
- casement-window — a window sash opening on hinges that are generally attached to the upright side of its frame.
- cloak-and-sword — (of a drama or work of fiction) dealing with characters who wear cloaks and swords; concerned with the customs and romance of the nobility in bygone times.
16 letter words containing w, a, s
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- packet-switching — a method of efficient data transmission whereby the initial message is broken into relatively small units, or packets, that are routed independently and subsequently reassembled.
- pay-as-you-throw — denoting a system for waste collection in which households are charged according to the amount of refuse they leave
17 letter words containing w, a, s
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- ladies-in-waiting — plural of lady-in-waiting.
- self-acknowledged — widely recognized; generally accepted: an acknowledged authority on Chinese art.
18 letter words containing w, a, s
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
19 letter words containing w, a, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- country-and-western — country music.
- nine--days---wonder — an event or thing that arouses considerable but short-lived interest or excitement.
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
20 letter words containing w, a, s
21 letter words containing w, a, s
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
On this page, we collect all words with W, A, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7624 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, A, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.