Words containing w
2 letter words containing w
3 letter words containing w
4 letter words containing w
- adwa — town in N Ethiopia: site of Menelik II's defeat of the Italians (1896), which led to recognition of Ethiopian independence: pop. 17,000
- alow — in or into the lower rigging of a vessel, near the deck
- anew — If you do something anew, you do it again, often in a different way from before.
- auew — Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers
- avow — If you avow something, you admit it or declare it.
5 letter words containing w
- adowa — Adwa
- adown — down, downward
- aduwa — a town in N Ethiopia: Emperor Menelik II defeated the Italians here in 1896. Pop: 46 272 (2005 est)
- aglow — If something is aglow, it is shining and bright with a soft, warm light.
- agnew — Spiro (ˈspɪərəʊ) Theodore. 1918–96, US Republican politician; vice president (1969–73)
6 letter words containing w
- abwatt — the cgs unit of power in the electromagnetic system, equal to the power dissipated when a current of 1 abampere flows across a potential difference of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–7 watt
- abwehr — the German high-command service for espionage, counterintelligence, and sabotage during World War II.
- adware — a type of computer software that collects information about a user's browsing patterns in order to display relevant advertisements in his or her Web browser
- agawam — a city in W central Massachusetts.
- airway — A person's airways are the passages from their nose and mouth down to their lungs, through which air enters and leaves their body.
7 letter words containing w
- adamawa — a state of Nigeria, in the E on the border with Cameroon. Capital: Yola. Pop: 3 168 101 (2006). Area: 36 917 sq km (14 254 sq miles)
- adwoman — a woman who works in advertising
- aerotow — to tow (an aircraft) through the air.
- aircrew — The aircrew on a plane are the pilot and other people who are responsible for flying it and for looking after any passengers who are on it.
- airflow — The airflow around an object or vehicle is the way that the air flows around it.
8 letter words containing w
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- advowson — the right of presentation to a vacant benefice
- agalwood — a soft, resinous wood of the Asain tree Aquilaria malaccensis, known for its aromatic qualities, and used in incense
- agueweed — a North American gentianaceous plant, Gentiana quinquefolia, that has clusters of pale blue-violet or white flowers
- airscrew — an aircraft propeller
9 letter words containing w
- accessway — a path, route, etc., that provides access to a specific destination or property, as to a public beach or state park.
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterword — An afterword is a short essay at the end of a book, usually written by the author.
10 letter words containing w
- activewear — clothing for wear while engaging in sports, recreation, etc.; sportswear
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- aircrewman — a member of an aircrew.
- alderwoman — (in England and Wales until 1974) one of the senior female members of a local council, elected by other councillors
11 letter words containing w
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
12 letter words containing w
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- all-powerful — An all-powerful person or organization has the power to do anything they want.
- allhallowmas — All Saints' Day.
13 letter words containing w
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- ajmer-merwara — a former province in NW India. 2400 sq. mi. (6216 sq. km).
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- amakwerekwere — a term used by Black people to refer to foreign Africans
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
14 letter words containing w
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- basotho-qwaqwa — (formerly) a Bantustan in South Africa, in the Orange Free State; the only Bantustan without exclaves: abolished in 1993
15 letter words containing w
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- attorney-at-law — a lawyer qualified to represent in court a party to a legal action
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
16 letter words containing w
17 letter words containing w
18 letter words containing w
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- chuck-will's-widow — a large North American nightjar, Caprimulgus carolinensis, similar to the whippoorwill
19 letter words containing w
20 letter words containing w
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
On this page, we collect all words with letter W. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 28627 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.