Words containing t, w
3 letter words containing t, w
- btw — BTW is the written abbreviation for 'by the way', often used in e-mail.
- cwt — cwt is a written abbreviation for hundredweight.
- dwt — deadweight tonnage
- ftw — (chat) An ambiguous acronym which might stand for any of "For The Win" (the thing just referred to will help you succeed), "Forever Two Wheels" (biker slang), WTF backwards, "Fuck The World", "Fuck This War", "Fun To Watch" or something else.
- kwt — Kuwait (international car registration)
4 letter words containing t, w
- newt — any of several brilliantly colored salamanders of the family Salamandridae, especially those of the genera Triturus and Notophthalmus, of North America, Europe, and northern Asia.
5 letter words containing t, w
6 letter words containing t, w
7 letter words containing t, w
- aerotow — to tow (an aircraft) through the air.
- alawite — a member of a Shiʿite sect inhabiting the coastal district of Latakia in northwest Syria.
- antiwar — opposed to war
- antwerp — a province of N Belgium. Pop: 1 668 812 (2004 est). Area: 2859 sq km (1104 sq miles)
- antwren — any of several small antbirds, especially of the genus Myrmotherula.
8 letter words containing t, w
- antisway — Designed to stabilize the left and right suspension systems of a road vehicle so as reduce roll or sway when turning corners.
- artworks — Printing. the elements that constitute a mechanical, as type, proofs, and illustrations. a mechanical; paste-up.
- atwitter — twittering, nervously excited
- awaiting — waiting
- aweather — towards the weather
9 letter words containing t, w
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterword — An afterword is a short essay at the end of a book, usually written by the author.
- afterwork — outside work hours; taking place or done after one's regular job is finished.
10 letter words containing t, w
- activewear — clothing for wear while engaging in sports, recreation, etc.; sportswear
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- angwantibo — a rare gold-coloured prosimian primate of tropical Africa, Arctocebus calabarensis, having digits that are specialized as a pair of pincers for climbing: family Lorisidae (lorises)
- anti-woman — the female human being, as distinguished from a girl or a man.
11 letter words containing t, w
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
- all-weather — All-weather sports take place on an artificial surface instead of on grass.
- arm-wrestle — (of two people) to sit facing each other with the elbows resting on a table and clasping hands with each other, each trying to force the other's arm flat onto the table while keeping his or her own elbow touching the table
- awestricken — filled with awe.
12 letter words containing t, w
- arm-twisting — persuasion
- athwartships — from one side to the other of a vessel at right angles to the keel
- attawapiskat — a river in NE Ontario, Canada, flowing E and N to James Bay. 465 miles (748 km) long.
- autorickshaw — (in India) a light three-wheeled vehicle driven by a motorcycle engine
- awe-stricken — filled with awe.
13 letter words containing t, w
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- aperitif-wine — a small drink of alcoholic liquor taken to stimulate the appetite before a meal.
14 letter words containing t, w
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- basotho-qwaqwa — (formerly) a Bantustan in South Africa, in the Orange Free State; the only Bantustan without exclaves: abolished in 1993
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
- below-the-line — denoting the entries printed below the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account that show how any profit is to be distributed
15 letter words containing t, w
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- attorney-at-law — a lawyer qualified to represent in court a party to a legal action
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
16 letter words containing t, w
- bethmann-hollweg — Theobald von [tey-oh-bahlt fuh n] /ˈteɪ oʊˌbɑlt fən/ (Show IPA), 1856–1921, German statesman: chancellor 1909–17.
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- counterclockwise — If something is moving counterclockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- creditworthiness — having a satisfactory credit rating.
- curtain-twitcher — a person who likes to watch unobserved what other people are doing
17 letter words containing t, w
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- glory-of-the-snow — any of several plants belonging to the genus Chionodoxa, of the lily family, native to the Old World, having showy, blue, white, or pink flowers that bloom early in the spring.
- great-grandnephew — a grandson of one's nephew or niece.
18 letter words containing t, w
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
19 letter words containing t, w
20 letter words containing t, w
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
21 letter words containing t, w
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
On this page, we collect all words with T, W. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12927 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains T, W that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.