Words containing t, h
4 letter words containing t, h
- acth — adrenocorticotrophic hormone; a polypeptide hormone, secreted by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland, that stimulates growth of the adrenal gland and the synthesis and secretion of corticosteroids. It is used in treating rheumatoid arthritis, allergic and skin diseases, and many other disorders
5 letter words containing t, h
6 letter words containing t, h
7 letter words containing t, h
8 letter words containing t, h
- abiathar — a priest of Israel and a companion of David. I Sam. 22:20; II Sam. 15:24–36.
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- acephate — a white solid compound, C 4 H 10 NO 3 PS, used as an insecticide against a wide range of plant pests, including aphids, budworms, and tent caterpillars.
9 letter words containing t, h
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abernathy — Ralph David1926-90; U.S. clergyman & civil rights leader
- abernethy — a crisp unleavened biscuit
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
- acanthine — of or resembling an acanthus
10 letter words containing t, h
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
11 letter words containing t, h
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abranchiate — having no gills
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
12 letter words containing t, h
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
13 letter words containing t, h
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- achromaticity — achromatism.
14 letter words containing t, h
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
15 letter words containing t, h
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
16 letter words containing t, h
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
17 letter words containing t, h
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
18 letter words containing t, h
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
19 letter words containing t, h
20 letter words containing t, h
21 letter words containing t, h
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing t, h
23 letter words containing t, h
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing t, h
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing t, h
28 letter words containing t, h
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing t, h
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with T, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 43370 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains T, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.