Words containing s, p, e, r
5 letter words containing s, p, e, r
6 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- aspire — If you aspire to something such as an important job, you have a strong desire to achieve it.
- capers — the flower buds of the caper plant, which are pickled and used as a condiment
- casper — city in central Wyo.: pop. 50,000
- corpse — A corpse is a dead body, especially the body of a human being.
- crapes — to cover, clothe, or drape with crepe.
7 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- apercus — a hasty glance; a glimpse.
- appress — to press together or towards a surface
- apprise — When you are apprised of something, someone tells you about it.
- apyrase — any of various enzymes that catalyse the hydrolysis of adenosine triphosphate, yielding a phosphate and energy
- arapesh — a member of a Papuan people of Papua New Guinea.
8 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
- airspace — A country's airspace is the part of the sky that is over that country and is considered to belong to it.
- airspeed — An aircraft's airspeed is the speed at which it travels through the air.
- appeaser — to bring to a state of peace, quiet, ease, calm, or contentment; pacify; soothe: to appease an angry king.
- appraise — If you appraise something or someone, you consider them carefully and form an opinion about them.
9 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- acrospire — the first shoot developing from the plumule of a germinating grain seed
- acrospore — a spore borne at the tip of a sporophore, as a basidiospore.
- aepyornis — any of the large extinct flightless birds of the genus Aepyornis, remains of which have been found in Madagascar
- aeropause — the region of the upper atmosphere above which aircraft cannot fly
- aeropulse — a pulsejet engine
10 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- acarpelous — without carpels
- adsorptive — relating to or characterized by adsorption
- aeciospore — any of the spores produced in an aecium of the rust fungi, which spread to and infect the primary host
11 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acupressure — Acupressure is the treatment of pain by a type of massage in which pressure is put on certain areas of a person's body.
- aero-optics — the study of the effect of aircraft-induced and atmospheric disturbances on the efficiency of laser weapons
- aerotropism — the growth of plants towards or away from a source of oxygen
12 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- anchorperson — the primary reporter on a news television broadcast
- anemotropism — orientation in response to a current of air.
- anti-strophe — the part of an ancient Greek choral ode answering a previous strophe, sung by the chorus when returning from left to right.
13 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- amorphousness — lacking definite form; having no specific shape; formless: the amorphous clouds.
14 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
15 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
- anteroposterior — Relating to or directed toward both front and back.
16 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anti-imperialist — opposed to imperialism
17 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
18 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counterproposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
19 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
- gentleman-pensioner — (formerly) a gentleman-at-arms.
20 letter words containing s, p, e, r
21 letter words containing s, p, e, r
22 letter words containing s, p, e, r
23 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
26 letter words containing s, p, e, r
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with S, P, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 18041 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, P, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.