Words containing s, p
3 letter words containing s, p
- asp — the venomous snake, probably Naja haje (Egyptian cobra), that caused the death of Cleopatra and was formerly used by the Pharaohs as a symbol of their power over life and death
- bps — bps is a measurement of the speed at which computer data is transferred, for example by a modem. bps is an abbreviation for 'bits per second'.
- bsp — British Standard pipe thread
4 letter words containing s, p
- alps — a mountain range in S central Europe, extending over 1000 km (650 miles) from the Mediterranean coast of France and NW Italy through Switzerland, N Italy, and Austria to Slovenia. Highest peak: Mont Blanc, 4807 m (15 771 ft)
- amps — amputation.
- apis — (in ancient Egypt) a sacred bull worshipped at Memphis
- apse — a domed or vaulted semicircular or polygonal recess, esp at the east end of a church
- apsu — an Akkadian god: the consort of Tiamat and the father of the gods.
5 letter words containing s, p
- aesop — ?620–564 bc, Greek author of fables in which animals are given human characters and used to satirize human failings
- alsip — a town in NE Illinois.
- alsop — Joseph W(right) 1910–1989, U.S. political journalist and writer.
- apast — past; beyond.
- aphis — any of various aphids constituting the genus Aphis, such as the blackfly
6 letter words containing s, p
7 letter words containing s, p
- adipose — of, resembling, or containing fat; fatty
- adipsia — complete lack of thirst
- aesopic — of, relating to, or characteristic of Aesop or his fables: a story that points an Aesopian moral.
- airship — An airship is an aircraft that consists of a large balloon which is filled with gas and is powered by an engine. It has a section underneath for passengers.
- alpheus — a river god, lover of the nymph Arethusa. She changed into a spring to evade him, but he changed into a river and mingled with her
8 letter words containing s, p
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- adiposis — obesity or excessive fatness
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
- adscript — a serf bound to the land which they work or occupy, and who can be bought or sold along with it
9 letter words containing s, p
- acropolis — the citadel of an ancient Greek city
- acrospire — the first shoot developing from the plumule of a germinating grain seed
- acrospore — a spore borne at the tip of a sporophore, as a basidiospore.
- adaptions — the act of adapting.
- adeptness — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
10 letter words containing s, p
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
11 letter words containing s, p
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accompanies — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- accompanist — An accompanist is a musician, especially a pianist, who plays one part of a piece of music while someone else sings or plays the main tune.
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
12 letter words containing s, p
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adaptiveness — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
13 letter words containing s, p
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
- acupuncturist — An acupuncturist is a person who performs acupuncture.
14 letter words containing s, p
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
15 letter words containing s, p
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
16 letter words containing s, p
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
17 letter words containing s, p
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- anti-monopolistic — a person who has a monopoly.
18 letter words containing s, p
19 letter words containing s, p
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- autotransplantation — autograft.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
20 letter words containing s, p
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
21 letter words containing s, p
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
23 letter words containing s, p
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with S, P. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 38288 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, P that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.