Words containing s, h
3 letter words containing s, h
4 letter words containing s, h
- asch — Sholem (ˈʃəʊləm). 1880–1957, US writer, born in Poland, who wrote in Yiddish. His works include biblical novels
- asha — the cosmic principle of order, justice, righteousness, and truth.
- ashe — Arthur (Robert). 1943–93, US tennis player: US champion 1968; Wimbledon champion 1975
- ashy — of a pale greyish colour; ashen
- bash — A bash is a party or celebration, especially a large one held by an official organization or attended by famous people.
5 letter words containing s, h
- abash — to cause to feel ill at ease, embarrassed, or confused; make ashamed
- aisha — ?613–678 ad, the favourite wife of Mohammed; daughter of Abu Bekr
- amish — The Amish are members of a Protestant sect whose rural way of life is simple and strict.
- aphis — any of various aphids constituting the genus Aphis, such as the blackfly
- apish — stupid; foolish
6 letter words containing s, h
- aarhus — Århus
- abhors — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- ablush — (of a person) blushing
- abrash — any variation or change, typically striation, in the different dyes of an Oriental rug as it ages.
- achish — the king of the Philistine city of Gath, who twice gave refuge to David. I Sam. 21:10–15.
7 letter words containing s, h
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- achates — Aeneas' faithful companion in Virgil's Aeneid
- acheson — Dean (Gooderham). 1893–1971, US lawyer and statesman: secretary of state (1949–53) under President Truman
8 letter words containing s, h
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- achenese — Atjehnese.
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
9 letter words containing s, h
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- acanthous — spinous.
- acathexis — (pathology) The loss of the ability to respond emotionally.
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
10 letter words containing s, h
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
11 letter words containing s, h
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- achromatous — having little or no colour or less than is normal
12 letter words containing s, h
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
13 letter words containing s, h
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
14 letter words containing s, h
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
15 letter words containing s, h
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
16 letter words containing s, h
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing s, h
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
18 letter words containing s, h
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing s, h
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing s, h
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
21 letter words containing s, h
22 letter words containing s, h
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
23 letter words containing s, h
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing s, h
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing s, h
28 letter words containing s, h
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing s, h
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with S, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 39396 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.