Words containing s, a, b, l
5 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- aslib — Association for Information Management
- balas — a red variety of spinel, used as a gemstone
- bales — Also, bailer. a bucket, dipper, or other container used for bailing.
- balks — to stop, as at an obstacle, and refuse to proceed or to do something specified (usually followed by at): He balked at making the speech.
- balls — If you say that someone has balls, you mean that they have courage.
6 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- ablest — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- ablush — (of a person) blushing
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- albers — Josef. 1888–1976, US painter, designer, and poet, born in Germany. His works include a series of abstract paintings entitled Homage to the Square
- ballas — a spherical aggregate of small diamond crystals used for drilling and for various industrial purposes.
7 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- absalom — the third son of David, who rebelled against his father and was eventually killed by Joab (II Samuel 15–18)
- absolve — If a report or investigation absolves someone from blame or responsibility, it formally states that he or she is not guilty or is not to blame.
8 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- abristle — Bristling.
- absently — in an absent-minded or preoccupied manner; inattentively
9 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- absolvent — a person who absolves
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
10 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
- absolution — If someone is given absolution, they are forgiven for something wrong that they have done.
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
11 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
- alabastrine — a finely granular variety of gypsum, often white and translucent, used for ornamental objects or work, such as lamp bases, figurines, etc.
- alaska-crab — horseshoe crab.
12 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
13 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
14 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
15 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
- belt-and-braces — providing double security, in case one security measure should fail
16 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
17 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
19 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
21 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing s, a, b, l
24 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing s, a, b, l
28 letter words containing s, a, b, l
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with S, A, B, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7940 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, A, B, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.