Words containing p, h, o, r, e
5 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- hoper — the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best: to give up hope.
6 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- gopher — an employee whose chief duty is running errands.
- hooper — a person who makes or puts hoops on barrels, tubs, etc.; a cooper.
- hopers — the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best: to give up hope.
- hopper — Edward, 1882–1967, U.S. painter and etcher.
- khoper — a river in S European Russia, flowing S to the Don River. 625 miles (1006 km) long.
7 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- chopper — A chopper is a helicopter.
- hoptree — any of several North American shrubs or small trees belonging to the genus Ptelea, of the citrus family, especially P. trifoliata, having trifoliate leaves and roundish, waferlike fruit.
- hyperon — any baryon with strangeness other than zero, especially one with a relatively long lifetime.
- morpeth — a town in NE England, the administrative centre of Northumberland. Pop: 13 555 (2001)
- morphea — (medicine) localized scleroderma.
8 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- amphorae — a large two-handled storage jar having an oval body, usually tapering to a point at the base, with a pair of handles extending from immediately below the lip to the shoulder: used chiefly for oil, wine, etc., and, set on a foot, as a commemorative vase awarded the victors in contests such as the Panathenaic games.
- aphorize — to write or speak in aphorisms
- arapahoe — Arapaho.
- chaperon — (esp formerly) an older or married woman who accompanies or supervises a young unmarried woman on social occasions
- choppers — teeth
9 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- acrophobe — a person who is abnormally afraid of heights
- aerograph — a device formerly used to make descriptions of the character of the upper atmosphere
- aerophone — any musical instrument in which sound is produced by air vibrations
- aerophore — a device which supplies oxygen in order to aid breathing
- aerophoto — aerial photograph.
10 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- aerography — the description of the character of the upper atmosphere
- aerophagia — spasmodic swallowing of air, a habit that can lead to belching and stomach pain
- aerophobia — a pathological fear of draughts of air
- aerosphere — the entire atmosphere surrounding the earth
- amphoteric — able to function as either a base or an acid
11 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
12 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
13 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
14 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
- anthropometric — the measurement of the size and proportions of the human body.
15 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- anthropophagite — a cannibal
16 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
17 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
19 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- counterpoint-rhythm — Music. the art of combining melodies.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
20 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
21 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
23 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
24 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
31 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
32 letter words containing p, h, o, r, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with P, H, O, R, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6399 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, H, O, R, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.