Words containing p, h, o, n, e
5 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
6 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
7 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
8 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- alphonse — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “ready.”.
- aphelion — the point in its orbit when a planet or comet is at its greatest distance from the sun
- cenotaph — A cenotaph is a structure that is built in honour of soldiers who died in a war.
- cephalon — the head, especially of an arthropod.
- chaperon — (esp formerly) an older or married woman who accompanies or supervises a young unmarried woman on social occasions
9 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- aerophone — any musical instrument in which sound is produced by air vibrations
- allophane — a variously coloured amorphous mineral consisting of hydrated aluminium silicate and occurring in cracks in some sedimentary rocks
- allophone — any of several speech sounds that are regarded as contextual or environmental variants of the same phoneme. In English the aspirated initial (p) in pot and the unaspirated (p) in spot are allophones of the phoneme /p/
- alpenhorn — a long, powerful horn of wood or bark, with a cupped mouthpiece and a curved bell at opposite ends, used by Swiss herders and mountaineers.
- amenhotep — name of four kings of Egypt who ruled during the 16th, 15th, & 14th cent. b.c.
10 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
- amphogenic — producing both male and female offspring.
- anastrophe — reversal of the usual order of the parts of a sentence; inversion (Ex.: “Came the dawn”)
- androphore — an extension of the receptacle carrying the androecium and the gynoecium, typical of the caper family (Capparidaceae)
- anemograph — a self-recording anemometer
11 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- aminophenol — any of three isomeric forms that are soluble crystalline solids, used as a dye intermediate (meta- and ortho-), in dyeing hair, fur, and textiles (ortho- and para-), and as a photographic developer (para-). Formula: C6H4NH2OH
- amphigenous — (of certain parasitic fungi) growing on both sides of leaves.
- anaphoresis — the movement of suspended charged particles towards the anode in an electric field
- anemography — the technique of recording wind measurements
- anemophobia — an abnormal fear of draughts or windy weather
12 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- amphotericin — an amphoteric antibiotic produced by the bacterium Streptomyces nodosus and used in the treatment of fungal infections.
- anchorperson — the primary reporter on a news television broadcast
- anemophilous — (of flowering plants such as grasses) pollinated by the wind
- anthropogeny — the genesis or development of the human race, especially as a subject of scientific study.
13 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- allophanamide — biuret.
- almond-shaped — oval
14 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
- anthropometric — the measurement of the size and proportions of the human body.
15 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
16 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphize — to attribute or ascribe human form or behaviour to (a god, animal, object, etc)
17 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
19 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- counterpoint-rhythm — Music. the art of combining melodies.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- echoencephalography — a device that employs reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the position of brain structures.
20 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
- magnetoencephalogram — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- ophthalmodynamometer — a device for determining the nearest point of ocular convergence.
21 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
23 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
31 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
32 letter words containing p, h, o, n, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with P, H, O, N, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5026 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, H, O, N, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.