Words containing p, h, e, n
6 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- daphne — any shrub of the Eurasian thymelaeaceous genus Daphne, such as the mezereon and spurge laurel: ornamentals with shiny evergreen leaves and clusters of small bell-shaped flowers
- happen — to take place; come to pass; occur: Something interesting is always happening in New York.
- hapten — a substance having a single antigenic determinant that can react with a previously existing antibody but cannot stimulate more antibody production unless combined with other molecules; a partial antigen.
- hempen — of, like, or pertaining to hemp.
- hogpen — pigpen (def 1).
7 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- cheapen — If something cheapens a person or thing, it lowers their reputation or position.
- chopine — a sandal-like shoe on tall wooden or cork bases popular in the 18th century
- copehan — Wintun.
- edaphon — the aggregate of organisms that live in the soil.
- halpern — Daniel, born 1945, U.S. poet and editor.
8 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- alphonse — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “ready.”.
- anaphase — the third stage of mitosis, during which the chromatids separate and migrate towards opposite ends of the spindle
- anephric — (pathology) Without functioning kidneys.
- apachean — a subgroup of the Athabaskan language family comprising the languages of the Apache tribes and the Navajo.
- aphanite — any fine-grained rock, such as a basalt, containing minerals that cannot be distinguished with the naked eye
9 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- aerophone — any musical instrument in which sound is produced by air vibrations
- allophane — a variously coloured amorphous mineral consisting of hydrated aluminium silicate and occurring in cracks in some sedimentary rocks
- allophone — any of several speech sounds that are regarded as contextual or environmental variants of the same phoneme. In English the aspirated initial (p) in pot and the unaspirated (p) in spot are allophones of the phoneme /p/
- alpenhorn — a long, powerful horn of wood or bark, with a cupped mouthpiece and a curved bell at opposite ends, used by Swiss herders and mountaineers.
- amenhotep — name of four kings of Egypt who ruled during the 16th, 15th, & 14th cent. b.c.
10 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
- aleph-null — the smallest infinite cardinal number; the cardinal number of the set of positive integers
- amphogenic — producing both male and female offspring.
- analphabet — an illiterate person unfamiliar with the letters of the alphabet
- anastrophe — reversal of the usual order of the parts of a sentence; inversion (Ex.: “Came the dawn”)
11 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- aminophenol — any of three isomeric forms that are soluble crystalline solids, used as a dye intermediate (meta- and ortho-), in dyeing hair, fur, and textiles (ortho- and para-), and as a photographic developer (para-). Formula: C6H4NH2OH
- amphetamine — Amphetamine is a drug which increases people's energy, makes them excited, and reduces their desire for food.
- amphigenous — (of certain parasitic fungi) growing on both sides of leaves.
- amphisbaena — any worm lizard of the genus Amphisbaena
- anaphoresis — the movement of suspended charged particles towards the anode in an electric field
12 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- alphanumeric — (of a character set, code, or file of data) consisting of alphabetical and numerical symbols
- amphidentate — (of a ligand) able to coordinate through either of two different atoms, as in CN–
- amphotericin — an amphoteric antibiotic produced by the bacterium Streptomyces nodosus and used in the treatment of fungal infections.
- analphabetic — not in alphabetical order
13 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- allophanamide — biuret.
14 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
- anthropometric — the measurement of the size and proportions of the human body.
15 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
16 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
17 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
19 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- counterpoint-rhythm — Music. the art of combining melodies.
20 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
- magnetoencephalogram — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- mechanical-impedance — Electricity. the total opposition to alternating current by an electric circuit, equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the resistance and reactance of the circuit and usually expressed in ohms. Symbol: Z.
21 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing p, h, e, n
23 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
24 letter words containing p, h, e, n
31 letter words containing p, h, e, n
32 letter words containing p, h, e, n
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with P, H, E, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7257 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, H, E, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.