Words containing o, r, a
4 letter words containing o, r, a
5 letter words containing o, r, a
- aaron — the first high priest of the Israelites, brother of Moses (Exodus 4:14)
- abhor — If you abhor something, you hate it very much, especially for moral reasons.
- abort — If an unborn baby is aborted, the pregnancy is ended deliberately and the baby is not born alive.
- acorn — An acorn is a pale oval nut that is the fruit of an oak tree.
- acro- — denoting something at a height, summit, top, tip, beginning, or end
6 letter words containing o, r, a
- abator — a person who effects an abatement
- abhors — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
- aborad — (anatomy) Away from the oral opening or mouth (compare with ventral).
- aboral — away from or opposite the mouth
7 letter words containing o, r, a
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- aaronic — of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- abettor — a person who abets.
- ablator — the heat shield of a space vehicle, which melts or wears away during re-entry into the earth's atmosphere
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
8 letter words containing o, r, a
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- abattoir — An abattoir is a place where animals are killed in order to provide meat.
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
9 letter words containing o, r, a
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
10 letter words containing o, r, a
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
11 letter words containing o, r, a
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
12 letter words containing o, r, a
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
13 letter words containing o, r, a
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- abortifacient — causing abortion
14 letter words containing o, r, a
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
15 letter words containing o, r, a
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
16 letter words containing o, r, a
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
17 letter words containing o, r, a
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
18 letter words containing o, r, a
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
19 letter words containing o, r, a
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
20 letter words containing o, r, a
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
21 letter words containing o, r, a
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing o, r, a
23 letter words containing o, r, a
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with O, R, A. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 55120 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains O, R, A that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.