Words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
7 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
8 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
- aporetic — Tending to doubt.
- apterous — (of insects) without wings, as silverfish and springtails
- artotype — collotype.
- atropine — a poisonous alkaloid obtained from deadly nightshade, having an inhibitory action on the autonomic nervous system. It is used medicinally in pre-anaesthetic medication, to speed a slow heart rate, and as an emergency first-aid counter to exposure to chemical warfare nerve agents. Formula: C17H23NO3
9 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
- aerophoto — aerial photograph.
- aerophyte — epiphyte.
- allotrope — any of two or more physical forms in which an element can exist
- ambrotype — an early type of glass negative that could be made to appear as a positive by backing it with black varnish or paper
10 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- adsorptive — relating to or characterized by adsorption
- alipterion — (in an ancient Roman bath) a room for anointment.
- amboceptor — an immune body formed in the blood during infection or immunization that serves to link the complement to the antigen
- amphoteric — able to function as either a base or an acid
11 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- adipocerite — hatchettite.
- aeolotropic — anisotropic
- aero-optics — the study of the effect of aircraft-induced and atmospheric disturbances on the efficiency of laser weapons
- aerotropism — the growth of plants towards or away from a source of oxygen
12 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
- amperometric — relating to or involving the measurement of an electric current
- amphotericin — an amphoteric antibiotic produced by the bacterium Streptomyces nodosus and used in the treatment of fungal infections.
- anemotropism — orientation in response to a current of air.
13 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
- amphiprostyle — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends but not at the sides
- anisometropia — an imbalance in the power of the two eyes to refract light
- anisometropic — relating to anisometropia
14 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
15 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anteroposterior — Relating to or directed toward both front and back.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
16 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
17 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
19 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
20 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
21 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
22 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- interrogator-responsor — a radio or radar transceiver for sending a signal to a transponder and receiving and interpreting the reply.
- nonrepresentationalism — not resembling or portraying any object in physical nature: a nonrepresentational painting.
23 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
24 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
26 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
28 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
31 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
32 letter words containing o, p, e, r, a, t
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with O, P, E, R, A, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8823 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains O, P, E, R, A, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.