Words containing n, a, p
4 letter words containing n, a, p
- anpr — Automatic Number Plate Recognition: a surveillance technology which uses optical character recognition on camera images to read a vehicle's numberplate
5 letter words containing n, a, p
- apian — of, relating to, or resembling bees
- aping — any of a group of anthropoid primates characterized by long arms, a broad chest, and the absence of a tail, comprising the family Pongidae (great ape) which includes the chimpanzee, gorilla, and orangutan, and the family Hylobatidae (lesser ape) which includes the gibbon and siamang.
- apnea — temporary stopping of breathing
- apron — An apron is a piece of clothing that you put on over the front of your normal clothes and tie round your waist, especially when you are cooking, in order to prevent your clothes from getting dirty.
- aspen — An aspen is a tall tree with leaves that move a lot in the wind.
6 letter words containing n, a, p
- alpena — a city in NE Michigan, on Lake Huron.
- alpine — Alpine means existing in or relating to mountains, especially the ones in Switzerland.
- amping — amplifier (def 2).
- anopia — the inability to see; sightlessness
- apeman — any of various extinct apelike primates thought to have been the forerunners, or closely related to the forerunners, of modern man
7 letter words containing n, a, p
- acapnia — the state of lacking carbon dioxide in the blood
- alphorn — a wind instrument used in the Swiss Alps, consisting of a very long tube of wood or bark with a cornet-like mouthpiece
- amphion — a son of Zeus and Antiope: he builds a wall around Thebes by charming the stones into place with a lyre
- anapest — a metrical foot consisting, in Greek and Latin verse, of two short syllables followed by a long one, or, as in English, of two unaccented syllables followed by an accented one
- anapsid — belonging or pertaining to the Anapsida, a subclass of reptiles, extinct except for the turtles, characterized by having no opening in the temporal region of the skull.
8 letter words containing n, a, p
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- acupoint — any of the specific points on the body where a needle is inserted in acupuncture or pressure is applied in acupressure
- adapting — to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly: They adapted themselves to the change quickly. He adapted the novel for movies.
- adaption — Adaption means the same as adaptation.
- adiprene — a polyurethane elastomer with exceptional abrasion resistance and strength
9 letter words containing n, a, p
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- acceptant — receiving willingly; receptive
- accepting — amenable; open: She was always more accepting of coaching suggestions than her teammates.
- accompany — If you accompany someone, you go somewhere with them.
- acrophony — the use of symbols to represent sounds
10 letter words containing n, a, p
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
- acceptance — Acceptance of an offer or a proposal is the act of saying yes to it or agreeing to it.
- acceptancy — the act of accepting; acceptance.
11 letter words containing n, a, p
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
- accompanied — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
12 letter words containing n, a, p
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- adaptational — of or relating to adaptation
13 letter words containing n, a, p
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accompaniment — The accompaniment to a song or tune is the music that is played at the same time as it and forms a background to it.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
14 letter words containing n, a, p
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
15 letter words containing n, a, p
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
16 letter words containing n, a, p
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
17 letter words containing n, a, p
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
18 letter words containing n, a, p
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
19 letter words containing n, a, p
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing n, a, p
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
21 letter words containing n, a, p
22 letter words containing n, a, p
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
23 letter words containing n, a, p
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with N, A, P. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 23814 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains N, A, P that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.