Words containing m, y, c, e
4 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- cyme — an inflorescence in which the first flower is the terminal bud of the main stem and subsequent flowers develop as terminal buds of lateral stems
5 letter words containing m, y, c, e
6 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- chemmy — chemin de fer.
- comedy — Comedy consists of types of entertainment, such as plays and films, or particular scenes in them, that are intended to make people laugh.
- comely — A comely woman is attractive.
- creamy — Food or drink that is creamy contains a lot of cream or milk.
- cymene — a colourless insoluble liquid with an aromatic odour that exists in three isomeric forms; methylpropylbenzene: used as solvents and for making synthetic resins. The para- isomer is present in several essential oils. Formula: CH3C6H4CH(CH3)2
7 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
- alchemy — Alchemy was a form of chemistry studied in the Middle Ages, which was concerned with trying to discover ways to change ordinary metals into gold.
- armscye — the armhole opening in a garment.
- chimney — A chimney is a pipe through which smoke goes up into the air, usually through the roof of a building.
- comfrey — Comfrey is a herb that is used to make drinks and medicines.
8 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- camaguey — a city in E central Cuba. Pop: 320 000 (2005 est)
- cambyses — died ?522 bc, king of Persia (529–?522 bc), who conquered Egypt (525); son of Cyrus the Great
- cemetery — A cemetery is a place where dead people's bodies or their ashes are buried.
- ceremony — A ceremony is a formal event such as a wedding.
- chambery — a city in SE France, in the Alps: skiing centre; former capital of the duchy of Savoy. Pop: 59 188 (2006)
9 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- acronymed — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- aeromancy — the interpretation of the weather and atmospheric conditions to foretell the future
- amebocyte — any cell capable of moving like an amoeba, esp. one that floats freely in the blood or other body fluids, such as a white blood corpuscle
- archenemy — a chief enemy
- belomancy — the art of divination using arrows
10 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- acidimetry — the determination of the amount of acid present in a solution, measured by an acidimeter or by volumetric analysis
- acromegaly — a chronic disease characterized by enlargement of the bones of the head, hands, and feet, and swelling and enlargement of soft tissue, esp the tongue. It is caused by excessive secretion of growth hormone by the pituitary gland
- acrylamide — a chemical compound that forms in certain foods when exposed to high temperature
- adenectomy — surgical removal of a gland
- aerenchyma — plant tissue with large air-filled spaces, which is typical of aquatic plants and allows air to reach waterlogged parts
11 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- actinomyces — a genus of bacteria that causes disease in humans and improves soil ecology
- aerodynamic — If something such as a car has an aerodynamic shape or design, it goes faster and uses less fuel than other cars because the air passes over it more easily.
- aleuromancy — (in ancient times) the use of flour as a means of divination.
- ambivalency — uncertainty or fluctuation, especially when caused by inability to make a choice or by a simultaneous desire to say or do two opposite or conflicting things.
12 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- academically — in relation to an academy
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- actinomycete — any bacterium of the group Actinomycetes, usually filamentous in form
- aerodynamics — Aerodynamics is the study of the way in which objects move through the air.
- alchemically — in an alchemical manner
13 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- adenoidectomy — surgical removal of the adenoids
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- alectryomancy — an ancient form of divination, using a rooster to select grains of food placed on letters of the alphabet.
- amygdalaceous — similar to or derived from the almond
- antisymmetric — (of a relation) never holding between a pair of arguments x and y when it holds between y and x except when x = y, as "…is no younger than…"
14 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- appendicectomy — surgical removal of any appendage, esp the vermiform appendix
- arithmetically — the method or process of computation with figures: the most elementary branch of mathematics.
15 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- archeoastronomy — the branch of archaeology that deals with the apparent use by prehistoric civilizations of astronomical techniques to establish the seasons or the cycle of the year, especially as evidenced in the construction of megaliths and other ritual structures.
- atmospherically — pertaining to, existing in, or consisting of the atmosphere: atmospheric vapors.
16 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- chemonucleolysis — treatment for a herniated spinal disk in which chymopapain is injected into the disk to dissolve tissue.
- chemoprophylaxis — the prevention of disease using chemical drugs
17 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
- comprehensibility — capable of being comprehended or understood; intelligible.
- contemporaneously — living or occurring during the same period of time; contemporary.
18 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- domremy-la-pucelle — a village in Lorraine, NE France, SW of Nancy: birthplace of Joan of Arc.
- hyper-metaphorical — a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.”. Compare mixed metaphor, simile (def 1).
- incommensurability — not commensurable; having no common basis, measure, or standard of comparison.
19 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- choledocholithotomy — The removal of the gallstone from the bile duct in a case of choledocholithiasis.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- common-iliac-artery — Also called common iliac artery. either of two large arteries that conduct blood to the pelvis and the legs.
- counterpoint-rhythm — Music. the art of combining melodies.
20 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- immunohistochemistry — the application of immunologic techniques to the chemical analysis of cells and tissues.
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
21 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
- pneumoencephalography — encephalography.
- psychoneuroimmunology — the study of the effects of psychological factors on the immune system
22 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
23 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
24 letter words containing m, y, c, e
26 letter words containing m, y, c, e
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
29 letter words containing m, y, c, e
On this page, we collect all words with M, Y, C, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4100 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains M, Y, C, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.