Words containing m, o, r, p, h
5 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- morph — Linguistics. a sequence of phonemes constituting a minimal unit of grammar or syntax, and, as such, a representation, member, or contextual variant of a morpheme in a specific environment. Compare allomorph (def 2).
6 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
7 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- amphora — an ancient Greek or Roman two-handled narrow-necked jar for oil, wine, etc
- bimorph — an assembly of two piezoelectric crystals cemented together so that an applied voltage causes one to expand and the other to contract, converting electrical signals into mechanical energy. Conversely, bending can generate a voltage: used in loudspeakers, gramophone pick-ups, etc
- camphor — Camphor is a strong-smelling white substance used in various medicines, in mothballs, and in making plastics.
- dimorph — either of the two forms assumed by a mineral or other chemical substance exhibiting dimorphism.
- morpeth — a town in NE England, the administrative centre of Northumberland. Pop: 13 555 (2001)
8 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- amorphic — Having no defined shape, lacking form; amorphous.
- amphorae — a large two-handled storage jar having an oval body, usually tapering to a point at the base, with a pair of handles extending from immediately below the lip to the shoulder: used chiefly for oil, wine, etc., and, set on a foot, as a commemorative vase awarded the victors in contests such as the Panathenaic games.
- amphoric — resembling the sound produced by blowing into a bottle. Amphoric breath sounds are heard through a stethoscope placed over a cavity in the lung
- aphorism — An aphorism is a short witty sentence which expresses a general truth or comment.
- biomorph — a set of two-dimensional branching biomorphic images that can be used to illustrate evolutionary concepts
9 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- allomorph — any of the phonological representations of a single morpheme. For example, the final (s) and (z) sounds of bets and beds are allomorphs of the English noun-plural morpheme
- amorphism — the state or quality of being amorphous.
- amorphous — Something that is amorphous has no clear shape or structure.
- amphigory — a piece of nonsensical writing in verse or, less commonly, prose
- amphitruo — a comedy (c200 b.c.) by Plautus.
10 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- amphigoric — a meaningless or nonsensical piece of writing, especially one intended as a parody.
- amphigouri — amphigory.
- amphitryon — the grandson of Perseus and husband of Alcmene
- amphoteric — able to function as either a base or an acid
- amyotrophy — wasting of muscles, caused by disease of the nerves supplying them
11 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
- allelomorph — allele
- allomorphic — any of two or more different forms of the same chemical compound.
- amniography — an x-ray examination of the amniotic sac after the injection of an opaque solution, performed to permit visualization of the umbilical cord and the placenta.
- amorphously — lacking definite form; having no specific shape; formless: the amorphous clouds.
12 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- allomorphism — variation in the crystalline form of a chemical compound
- amphicarpous — producing two kinds of fruit that differ either in form or in time of ripening.
- amphitropous — (of a plant ovule) partially inverted so that the base and the micropyle at the apex are the same distance from the funicle
- amphotericin — an amphoteric antibiotic produced by the bacterium Streptomyces nodosus and used in the treatment of fungal infections.
13 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
- aluminography — algraphy.
14 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- amphiarthrosis — a type of articulation permitting only slight movement, as between the vertebrae of the backbone
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
- anthropometric — the measurement of the size and proportions of the human body.
15 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- anthropomorphic — Anthropomorphic means relating to the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.
16 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphism — Anthropomorphism is the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.
- anthropomorphize — to attribute or ascribe human form or behaviour to (a god, animal, object, etc)
17 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- chemotherapeutics — chemotherapy.
18 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- glomerulonephritis — a kidney disease affecting the capillaries of the glomeruli, characterized by albuminuria, edema, and hypertension.
- histomorphological — histology.
- hyper-metaphorical — a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.”. Compare mixed metaphor, simile (def 1).
19 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- counterpoint-rhythm — Music. the art of combining melodies.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- hydropneumatization — utilization of air pressure in the housing of a water turbine to keep the level of water that has been used from rising to interfere with the rotor blades.
20 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
- lymphogranulomatosis — widespread infectious granuloma of the lymphatic system.
21 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
22 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
23 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
24 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
26 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- organophosphorus-compounds — Biochemistry. any of a variety of organic compounds that contain phosphorus and often have intense neurotoxic activity: originally developed as nerve gases, now widely used as insecticides and fire retardants.
29 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- trinitrophenylmethylnitramine — tetryl.
32 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing m, o, r, p, h
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
On this page, we collect all words with M, O, R, P, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2806 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains M, O, R, P, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.