Words containing l, o, a, d
4 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- alod — a feudal estate with no superior
5 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- acold — cold; chilled
- adolf — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “wolf.”.
- ahold — a hold
- aldol — a colourless or yellowish oily liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of rubber accelerators, as an organic solvent, in perfume, and as a hypnotic and sedative. Formula: CH3CHOHCH2CHO
- allod — allodium
6 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- adolph — a masculine name: equiv. L. Adolphus, Fr. Adolphe, Ger. Adolf
- adoral — Relating to or denoting the side or end where the mouth is situated, especially in animals, such as echinoderms, that lack clear upper and lower sides.
- adoula — Cyrille [see-ril] /siˈrɪl/ (Show IPA), 1922–78, African statesman: premier of the Democratic Republic of the Congo 1961–64.
- albedo — the ratio of the intensity of light reflected from an object, such as a planet, to that of the light it receives from the sun
- aldose — a sugar that contains the aldehyde group or is a hemiacetal
7 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- age-old — An age-old story, tradition, or problem has existed for many generations or centuries.
- al-oued — El Oued.
- alamode — a soft light silk used for shawls and dresses, esp in the 19th century
- allowed — to let have; give as one's share; grant as one's right: to allow a person $100 for expenses.
- alloyed — a substance composed of two or more metals, or of a metal or metals with a nonmetal, intimately mixed, as by fusion or electrodeposition.
8 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- accolade — If someone is given an accolade, something is done or said about them which shows how much people admire them.
- adorable — If you say that someone or something is adorable, you are emphasizing that they are very attractive and you feel great affection for them.
- adorably — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
- adroitly — expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body.
9 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
- accoladed — any award, honor, or laudatory notice: The play received accolades from the press.
- accolated — (of portraits on a coin, medal, or escutcheon) overlapping and facing in the same direction; conjoined.
- acetaldol — aldol (def 1).
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
10 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
- acidolysis — decomposition resulting from the interaction of a compound and an acid.
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
11 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- able-bodied — An able-bodied person is physically strong and healthy, rather than being weak or having a disability.
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- accordantly — agreeing; conforming; harmonious.
12 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
13 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- additionality — (in Britain) the principle that money raised by the National Lottery should only be spent on projects that would not otherwise be funded by government spending
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
14 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
15 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
16 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- autodidactically — a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.
17 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- bitter-almond-oil — Also called sweet almond oil, expressed almond oil. a colorless to pale yellow fatty oil expressed from the seeds of the sweet almond, used in preparing perfumes and confections.
18 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- conditionalization — the derivation from an argument of a conditional statement with the conjunction of the premises as antecedent and the conclusion as consequent. If the argument is valid, conditionalization yields a truth
- controlled-release — A controlled-release drug or preparation is released into the body in specified amounts over a specified period of time.
19 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
20 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
21 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
23 letter words containing l, o, a, d
32 letter words containing l, o, a, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with L, O, A, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12814 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, O, A, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.