Words containing l, e, p, s
5 letter words containing l, e, p, s
6 letter words containing l, e, p, s
7 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- alpheus — a river god, lover of the nymph Arethusa. She changed into a spring to evade him, but he changed into a river and mingled with her
- ampelos — a satyr who was placed among the stars by Dionysus.
- amplest — fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough: an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.
- apelles — 4th century bc, Greek painter of mythological subjects, none of whose work survives, his fame resting on the testimony of Pliny and other writers
- apostle — The apostles were the followers of Jesus Christ who went from place to place telling people about him and trying to persuade them to become Christians.
8 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- allspice — Allspice is a powder used as a spice in cooking, which is made from the berries of a tropical American tree.
- alphonse — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “ready.”.
- amplexus — the mating embrace of amphibians, particularly frogs and toads
- anableps — any of various cyprinodont fishes constituting the genus Anableps, which includes the four-eyed fishes
9 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- aeropulse — a pulsejet engine
- ampleness — fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough: an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.
- anopheles — any of various mosquitoes constituting the genus Anopheles, some species of which transmit the malaria parasite to man
- apetalous — (of flowering plants) having no petals
- apologies — a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another: He demanded an apology from me for calling him a crook.
10 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acatalepsy — the state of being impossible to conceive or understand
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
11 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- aesculapian — of or relating to Aesculapius or to the art of medicine
- aesculapius — the Roman god of medicine or healing
- alderperson — a member of a municipal legislative body, especially of a municipal council.
- aldopentose — a monosaccharide with five carbon atoms
12 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- alpine-style — of or in an ascent (esp in high mountains like the Himalayas) in which the climbers carry all their equipment with them in a single ascent from base to summit
- amphicoelous — (of the vertebrae of most fishes and some amphibians) concave at the anterior and posterior ends
- ampullaceous — shaped like an ampulla or a bladder
13 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- almond-shaped — oval
- amphiprostyle — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends but not at the sides
- anencephalous — congenital absence of part or all of the brain.
14 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- antineoplastic — acting against tumours
- antiseptically — with the aid of antiseptics.
15 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
- antiperistalsis — contractions of the intestine that force the contents in the opposite direction to the normal
- antiperistaltic — reversed peristaltic action of the intestines, by which their contents are carried upward.
16 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anti-imperialist — opposed to imperialism
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
17 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
18 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
- disproportionately — not proportionate; out of proportion, as in size or number.
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- glomerulonephritis — a kidney disease affecting the capillaries of the glomeruli, characterized by albuminuria, edema, and hypertension.
19 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- complement-sentence — a subordinate clause that functions as the subject, direct object, or prepositional object of a verb, as that you like it in I'm surprised that you like it.
- gentleman-pensioner — (formerly) a gentleman-at-arms.
- hyper-nationalistic — a person devoted to nationalism.
- hypersuggestibility — subject to or easily influenced by suggestion.
- hypocholesterolemia — an abnormally low amount of cholesterol in the blood.
20 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- microelectrophoresis — any of several techniques for observing, by means of a microscope or an ultramicroscope, the electrophoresis of minute surface particles.
21 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
23 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
28 letter words containing l, e, p, s
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
On this page, we collect all words with L, E, P, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11911 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, E, P, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.