Words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
6 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
7 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- blather — If someone is blathering on about something, they are talking for a long time about something that you consider boring or unimportant.
- earthly — of or relating to the earth, especially as opposed to heaven; worldly.
- haltere — (entomology) A small knobbed structure in some two-winged insects, one of a pair that are flapped rapidly and function as accelerometers to maintain stability in flight.
- harslet — Chiefly Southern U.S. haslet.
- hartley — David, 1705–57, English physician and philosopher.
8 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- aerolith — a meteorite consisting mainly of stony matter.
- archlute — a long, large bass lute
- chaptrel — a side pillar supporting the weight of an arch
- chartlet — a small chart indicating some special thing, as information relative to a radio navigational aid.
- chelator — an organic chemical that bonds with metal ions and produces a chelate compound
9 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- aethereal — ethereal
- aldershot — a town in S England, in Hampshire: site of a large military camp. Pop: 58 170 (2001)
- allethrin — a clear viscous amber-coloured liquid used as an insecticide and synergist. Formula: C19H26O3; relative density: 1.005
- althusser — Louis. 1918–90, French Marxist philosopher, author of For Marx (1965) and Reading Capital (1965): committed to a mental hospital (1981) after killing his wife
- barthelme — Donald, 1931–89, U.S. short-story writer and novelist.
10 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- adherently — in an adherent manner
- afterlight — the light visible in the sky after sunset; afterglow.
- altogether — You use altogether to emphasize that something has stopped, been done, or finished completely.
- anderlecht — a town in central Belgium, a suburb of Brussels. Pop: 92 755 (2004 est)
- aparthotel — a hotel in which self-catering service apartments are available for rent
11 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
- all-nighter — an entertainment, such as a pop concert or film screening, that lasts all night
- all-weather — All-weather sports take place on an artificial surface instead of on grass.
- arms-length — not closely or intimately connected or associated; distant; remote: an arm's-length relationship.
12 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- alphabetizer — to put or arrange in alphabetical order.
- anorthoclase — a variety of microcline, rich in sodium and sometimes having a play of color: sometimes considered a variety of orthoclase.
- anthranilate — a salt present in anthranilic acid
- archeologist — archaeology.
13 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
- alcoholometer — an instrument, such as a specially calibrated hydrometer, for determining the percentage of alcohol in a liquid
- allylthiourea — thiosinamine.
- aluminothermy — a process for reducing metallic oxides using finely divided aluminium powder. The mixture of aluminium and the oxide is ignited, causing the aluminium to be oxidized and the metal oxide to be reduced to the metal
- amphiprostyle — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends but not at the sides
14 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- anti-diarrheal — an intestinal disorder characterized by abnormal frequency and fluidity of fecal evacuations.
- apheliotropism — a tendency of certain plants to turn away from the sun; negative heliotropism
15 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- anticholinergic — blocking nerve impulses through the parasympathetic nerves
- architecturally — of or relating to architecture: architectural metals.
- atherosclerosis — a degenerative disease of the arteries characterized by patchy thickening of the inner lining of the arterial walls, caused by deposits of fatty material; a form of arteriosclerosis
- atmospherically — pertaining to, existing in, or consisting of the atmosphere: atmospheric vapors.
- authoritatively — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
16 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
17 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- characteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
19 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- dimethylnitrosamine — a yellow, water-soluble carcinogenic liquid, C 2 H 6 N 2 O, found in tobacco smoke and certain foods: known to be a potent carcinogen. Abbreviation: DMN, DMNA.
20 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
21 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- self-characterization — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
22 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- hexamethylenetetramine — a white, crystalline, water-soluble powder, C 6 H 12 N 4 , used as a vulcanization accelerator, an absorbent in gas masks, in the manufacture of the explosive RDX and synthetic resins, and in medicine as a diuretic and urinary antiseptic.
23 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
- magnetothermoelectricity — thermoelectricity induced or affected by a magnetic field.
25 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
26 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
28 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
31 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
32 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
35 letter words containing l, e, a, t, h, r
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with L, E, A, T, H, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5334 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, E, A, T, H, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.