Words containing l, a, v
4 letter words containing l, a, v
5 letter words containing l, a, v
6 letter words containing l, a, v
- abvolt — the cgs unit of potential difference in the electromagnetic system; the potential difference between two points when work of 1 erg must be done to transfer 1 abcoulomb of charge from one point to the other: equivalent to 10–8 volt
- alcove — An alcove is a small area of a room which is formed by one part of a wall being built further back than the rest of the wall.
- alevin — a young fish, esp a young salmon or trout
- alfven — Hannes Olaf Gösta (ˈhannɛs ˈuːlaf ˈjøsta). 1908–95, Swedish physicist, noted for his research on magnetohydrodynamics; shared the Nobel prize for physics in 1970
- alvaro — Corrado [kawr-rah-daw] /kɔrˈrɑ dɔ/ (Show IPA), c1890–1956, Italian journalist and novelist.
7 letter words containing l, a, v
- absolve — If a report or investigation absolves someone from blame or responsibility, it formally states that he or she is not guilty or is not to blame.
- algarve — a coastal region of S Portugal. 1958 sq. mi. (5070 sq. km).
- allover — over the whole surface
- alluvia — a deposit of sand, mud, etc., formed by flowing water.
- alvarez — Luis Walter. 1911–88, US physicist. He made (with Felix Bloch) the first measurement of the neutron's magnetic moment (1939). Nobel prize for physics 1968
8 letter words containing l, a, v
- ablative — (in certain inflected languages such as Latin) denoting a case of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives indicating the agent in passive sentences or the instrument, manner, or place of the action described by the verb
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- actively — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- aestival — of or occurring in summer
- alchevsk — a city in E Ukraine. Pop: 117 000 (2005 est)
9 letter words containing l, a, v
- abbeville — a town in N France: brewing, sugar-refining, and carpet industries. Pop: 24 567 (1999)
- absolvent — a person who absolves
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- acclivity — an upward slope, esp of the ground
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
10 letter words containing l, a, v
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- adaptively — in an adaptive manner
- additively — in an additive manner
11 letter words containing l, a, v
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- accusatival — of the accusative case
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
12 letter words containing l, a, v
13 letter words containing l, a, v
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- agglomerative — gathered together into a cluster or mass.
- agglutinative — tending to join or capable of joining
14 letter words containing l, a, v
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- alveolopalatal — articulated with the blade or front of the tongue approaching or touching the front of the hard palate near its junction with the alveolar ridge; having a primary palatal articulation and a secondary alveolar articulation.
15 letter words containing l, a, v
- anti-revolution — an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.
- argumentatively — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- authoritatively — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
- bioavailability — the extent to which a drug or other substance is taken up by a specific tissue or organ after administration; the proportion of the dose of a drug that reaches the systemic circulation intact after administration by a route other than intravenous
16 letter words containing l, a, v
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- anti-calvinistic — the doctrines and teachings of John Calvin or his followers, emphasizing predestination, the sovereignty of God, the supreme authority of the Scriptures, and the irresistibility of grace. Compare Arminianism.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
- bioenvironmental — pertaining to the environment of living organisms: Bioenvironmental engineers seek to reduce air and water pollution.
17 letter words containing l, a, v
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- capital-intensive — Capital-intensive industries and businesses need the investment of large sums of money. Compare labour-intensive.
- composite-volcano — a large, steep volcano built up of alternating layers of lava and ash or cinders.
18 letter words containing l, a, v
19 letter words containing l, a, v
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- conventionalization — to make conventional.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
20 letter words containing l, a, v
21 letter words containing l, a, v
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
22 letter words containing l, a, v
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
23 letter words containing l, a, v
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing l, a, v
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with L, A, V. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8716 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, A, V that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.