Words containing l, a, s, e, r
5 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- arles — a city in SE France, on the Rhône: Roman amphitheatre. Pop: 53 058 (2006)
6 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- albers — Josef. 1888–1976, US painter, designer, and poet, born in Germany. His works include a series of abstract paintings entitled Homage to the Square
- ashler — Masonry. a squared building stone cut more or less true on all faces adjacent to those of other stones so as to permit very thin mortar joints. such stones collectively. masonry made of them.
- flares — to burn with an unsteady, swaying flame, as a torch or candle in the wind.
- glaser — Donald A. 1926–2013, U.S. physicist: Nobel Prize 1960.
7 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- aerosol — An aerosol is a small container in which a liquid such as paint or deodorant is kept under pressure. When you press a button, the liquid is forced out as a fine spray or foam.
- airless — If a place is airless, there is no fresh air in it.
- algiers — the capital of Algeria, an ancient port on the Mediterranean; until 1830 a centre of piracy. Pop: 3 260 000 (2005 est)
- areolas — a ring of color, as around the human nipple.
- armless — lacking an arm or arms: The Venus de Milo is an armless statue.
8 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- abristle — Bristling.
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- agrestal — (of uncultivated plants such as weeds) growing on cultivated land
- alfresco — An alfresco activity, especially a meal, is one that takes place in the open air.
- alkermes — a Mediterranean liqueur made from brandy flavored with nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and other spices, and colored red with kermes or cochineal.
9 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
- adversely — unfavorable or antagonistic in purpose or effect: adverse criticism.
- aerialist — a trapeze artist or tightrope walker
- aeropulse — a pulsejet engine
- air-slake — to slake (lime or the like) with moist air.
10 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
11 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accessorial — of or like an accessory; supplementary
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
- adrenalitis — (pathology) Inflammation of one or both adrenal glands, leading to an insufficiency of cortisol and/or aldosterone.
- adversarial — If you describe something as adversarial, you mean that it involves two or more people or organizations who are opposing each other.
12 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adorableness — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
- advertisable — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
13 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- administerial — of or concerned with administration; administrative: administerial matters.
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
14 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- anti-sterility — free from living germs or microorganisms; aseptic: sterile surgical instruments.
- antifederalist — a person who opposed the ratification of the Constitution in 1789 and thereafter allied with Thomas Jefferson's Antifederal Party, which opposed extension of the powers of the federal Government
- apheliotropism — a tendency of certain plants to turn away from the sun; negative heliotropism
15 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
16 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- anti-imperialist — opposed to imperialism
- anti-materialism — preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
- anti-materialist — a person who is markedly more concerned with material things than with spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
17 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
18 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
19 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
20 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
21 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
23 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
28 letter words containing l, a, s, e, r
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with L, A, S, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15750 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, A, S, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.