Words containing l, a, c, h, i
6 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- achill — an island off the coast of NW Ireland. 14 miles (23 km) long; 11 miles (18 km) wide.
- archil — orchil
- cahill — an artificial fly having a quill body, golden tag, tan-spotted wings and tail, and gray hackle.
- caliph — A Caliph was a Muslim ruler.
- chiral — designating or of an asymmetrical form, as a molecule, that cannot be superimposed on its mirror image
7 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- achiral — able to be superimposed on its mirror image
- acholia — a condition involving partial or complete lack of bile secretion
- acholic — lack of a secretion of bile.
- aldrich — Thomas Bailey1836-1907; U.S. poet & novelist
- alethic — of or relating to such philosophical concepts as truth, necessity, possibility, contingency, etc
8 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- achilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- achillea — any plant of the N temperate genus Achillea, with white, yellow, or purple flowers, some species of which are widely grown as garden plants: family Asteraceae (composites)
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
- achingly — You can use achingly for emphasis when you are referring to things that create feelings of wanting something very much, but of not being able to have it.
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
9 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- acephalic — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
10 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
11 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
- aesthetical — of or relating to aesthetics.
- ahistorical — not related to history; not historical
12 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- achluophobia — The fear of darkness.
- agrichemical — a chemical used in agriculture
13 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- aesthetically — in an aesthetic manner
- allochromatic — Physical Chemistry. pertaining to or having photochemical properties resulting from an impurity or from exposure to radiation.
- anaphorically — referring back to or substituting for a preceding word or group of words: anaphoric reference.
14 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- anachronically — something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: The sword is an anachronism in modern warfare.
- anglo-catholic — The Anglo-Catholic part of the Church of England, or of the churches related to it, is the part whose beliefs and practices are similar to those of the Catholic Church.
15 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- anthropological — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-historical — of, pertaining to, treating, or characteristic of history or past events: historical records; historical research.
16 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- anti-patriarchal — of or relating to a patriarch, the male head of a family, tribe, community, church, order, etc.: my father's conservative, patriarchal ways.
17 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
18 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- characteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
19 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
22 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
23 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
29 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
31 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
32 letter words containing l, a, c, h, i
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with L, A, C, H, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6195 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains L, A, C, H, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.