Words containing i, s, h
5 letter words containing i, s, h
- aisha — ?613–678 ad, the favourite wife of Mohammed; daughter of Abu Bekr
- amish — The Amish are members of a Protestant sect whose rural way of life is simple and strict.
- aphis — any of various aphids constituting the genus Aphis, such as the blackfly
- apish — stupid; foolish
- bisho — a self-governing Bantu territory of South Africa on the Indian Ocean: granted independence in 1981 by South Africa, but not recognized by any other country as an independent state. 3200 sq. mi. (8300 sq. km). Capital: Bisho.
6 letter words containing i, s, h
- achish — the king of the Philistine city of Gath, who twice gave refuge to David. I Sam. 21:10–15.
- aguish — producing, resembling, or resulting from ague.
- ahimsa — (in Hindu, Buddhist, and Jainist philosophy) the law of reverence for, and nonviolence to, every form of life
- airish — given to putting on airs.
- akashi — a city on W Honshu, in Japan.
7 letter words containing i, s, h
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- achinsk — a city in the S central Russian Federation in Asia.
- ahishar — a chamberlain in Solomon's household. I Kings 4:6.
- airhose — a hose for conducting air under pressure, as one connected to an air pump, an air brake, or a scuba tank.
8 letter words containing i, s, h
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
- achimaas — Ahimaaz.
- achinese — Atjehnese.
- achiness — a constant, dull pain
9 letter words containing i, s, h
- acathexis — (pathology) The loss of the ability to respond emotionally.
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
- achievers — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
- achimenes — any plant of the tropical S American tuberous-rooted perennial genus Achimenes, with showy red, blue, or white tubular flowers, some of which are grown as greenhouse plants: family Gesneriaceae
- aegisthus — a cousin to and the murderer of Agamemnon, whose wife Clytemnestra he had seduced. He usurped the kingship of Mycenae until Orestes, Agamemnon's son, returned home and killed him
10 letter words containing i, s, h
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
11 letter words containing i, s, h
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- acmesthesia — awareness of sharp points through the sense of touch without experiencing pain.
12 letter words containing i, s, h
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- adhesiveness — coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
13 letter words containing i, s, h
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
14 letter words containing i, s, h
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
15 letter words containing i, s, h
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
16 letter words containing i, s, h
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
17 letter words containing i, s, h
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
18 letter words containing i, s, h
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing i, s, h
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing i, s, h
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
21 letter words containing i, s, h
22 letter words containing i, s, h
24 letter words containing i, s, h
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing i, s, h
28 letter words containing i, s, h
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing i, s, h
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with I, S, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 23837 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains I, S, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.