Words containing h, u
3 letter words containing h, u
- ahu — a stone heap or platform used by the Polynesians as a marker or memorial.
4 letter words containing h, u
5 letter words containing h, u
- abihu — a son of Aaron who, with Nadab, was destroyed by fire from heaven for disobeying the Lord. Lev. 10:1–5.
- ahull — with sails furled
- ahura — generic title for benevolent deities in Zoroastrianism or evil deities in Hinduism.
- ahuru — a small pink cod, Auchenoceros punctatus, of SW Pacific waters
- anhui — a province of E China, crossed by the Yangtze River. Capital: Hefei. Pop: 64 100 000 (2003 est). Area: 139 860 sq km (54 000 sq miles)
6 letter words containing h, u
7 letter words containing h, u
- abought — simple past tense and past participle of aby.
- acouchi — any of several South American rodents of the genus Myoprocta, closely related to the agoutis but much smaller, with a white-tipped tail: family Dasyproctidae
- agulhas — Capesouthernmost point of Africa, in Western Cape province, South Africa
- alpheus — a river god, lover of the nymph Arethusa. She changed into a spring to evade him, but he changed into a river and mingled with her
- anahuac — the central plateau of Mexico, between the Sierra Madre Occidental and the Sierra Madre Oriental ranges (3700 to 9000 feet; 1128 to 2743 meters): center of former Aztec civilization.
8 letter words containing h, u
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- ach-laut — the voiceless velar fricative sound that is written as ch in Scottish loch or in German ach, often allophonic with the ich-laut
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- ahuzzath — a friend of Abimelech with whom he journeyed from Gerar to make a covenant with Isaac in Beersheba. Gen. 26:26–31.
9 letter words containing h, u
- acanthous — spinous.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- acholuria — the absence of bile pigments in the urine.
- adulthood — Adulthood is the state of being an adult.
10 letter words containing h, u
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- afterhours — occurring, engaged in, or operating after the normal or legal closing time for business: an after-hours drinking club.
- agapanthus — a liliaceous plant, Agapanthus africanus, of southern Africa, having rounded clusters of blue or white funnel-shaped flowers
11 letter words containing h, u
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- achromatous — having little or no colour or less than is normal
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- adiaphorous — having no effect for good or ill, as a drug or placebo
- aelurophile — ailurophile.
12 letter words containing h, u
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- achluophobia — The fear of darkness.
- aelurophilia — ailurophilia.
13 letter words containing h, u
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- allochthonous — (of rocks, deposits, etc) found in a place other than where they or their constituents were formed
- allylthiourea — thiosinamine.
- aluminography — algraphy.
14 letter words containing h, u
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- antihomosexual — opposed to homosexual people and behaviour
- authenticating — to establish as genuine.
- authentication — to establish as genuine.
15 letter words containing h, u
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- anti-humanistic — a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity.
- anti-malthusian — of or relating to the theories of T. R. Malthus, which state that population tends to increase faster, at a geometrical ratio, than the means of subsistence, which increases at an arithmetical ratio, and that this will result in an inadequate supply of the goods supporting life unless war, famine, or disease reduces the population or the increase of population is checked.
16 letter words containing h, u
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anthropomorphous — shaped like a human being
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
17 letter words containing h, u
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
18 letter words containing h, u
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
19 letter words containing h, u
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
20 letter words containing h, u
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
22 letter words containing h, u
23 letter words containing h, u
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing h, u
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with H, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 19701 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains H, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.