Words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
6 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- dearth — If there is a dearth of something, there is not enough of it.
- hatred — the feeling of one who hates; intense dislike or extreme aversion or hostility.
- thread — a fine cord of flax, cotton, or other fibrous material spun out to considerable length, especially when composed of two or more filaments twisted together.
7 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
8 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- adherent — An adherent is someone who holds a particular belief or supports a particular person or group.
- authored — a person who writes a novel, poem, essay, etc.; the composer of a literary work, as distinguished from a compiler, translator, editor, or copyist.
- breathed — relating to or denoting a speech sound for whose articulation the vocal cords are not made to vibrate
- cathedra — a bishop's throne
- chordate — any animal of the phylum Chordata, including the vertebrates and protochordates, characterized by a notochord, dorsal tubular nerve cord, and pharyngeal gill slits
9 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- adherents — Plural form of adherent.
- affordeth — Archaic third-person singular form of afford.
- aldershot — a town in S England, in Hampshire: site of a large military camp. Pop: 58 170 (2001)
- anhydrate — (organic chemistry) An acid anhydride.
- anhydrite — a colourless or greyish-white mineral, found in sedimentary rocks. It is used in the manufacture of cement, fertilizers, and chemicals. Composition: anhydrous calcium sulphate. Formula: CaSO4. Crystal structure: orthorhombic
10 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- adherently — in an adherent manner
- affrighted — to frighten.
- anderlecht — a town in central Belgium, a suburb of Brussels. Pop: 92 755 (2004 est)
- antheridia — a male reproductive structure producing gametes, occurring in ferns, mosses, fungi, and algae.
11 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- achondrites — Plural form of achondrite.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- antheridial — Of, pertaining to, or produced in, the antheridium.
- antheridium — the male sex organ of algae, fungi, bryophytes, and spore-bearing vascular plants, such as ferns, which produces antherozoids
- antherozoid — one of many small male gametes produced in an antheridium
12 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- airfreighted — Simple past tense and past participle of airfreight.
- antherozooid — Alternative form of antherozoid.
- antihydrogen — hydrogen in which the nucleus is an antiproton with an orbiting positron
- atharva-veda — the fourth and latest Veda, largely consisting of priestly spells and incantations
13 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- antiapartheid — (in the Republic of South Africa) a rigid former policy of segregating and economically and politically oppressing the nonwhite population.
- antidiarrheal — An antidiarrheal is a substance used to prevent or treat diarrhea.
- apostrophized — Simple past tense and past participle of apostrophize.
- archimandrite — the head of a monastery or a group of monasteries
14 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
- anti-diarrheal — an intestinal disorder characterized by abnormal frequency and fluidity of fecal evacuations.
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- archimandrites — Plural form of archimandrite.
15 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
- cephalochordate — any chordate animal of the subphylum Cephalochordata, having a fishlike body and no vertebral column; lancelet
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
- chicken-hearted — easily frightened; cowardly
- child-battering — the physical abuse of a child by a parent or guardian, as by beating.
16 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- caducibranchiate — (of many amphibians, such as frogs) having gills during one stage of the life cycle only
- camborne-redruth — a former (until 1974) urban district in SW England, in Cornwall: formed in 1934 by the amalgamation of the neighbouring towns of Camborne and Redruth. Pop: 39 936 (2001)
- cardiotachometer — a device for counting heartbeats, usually displaying the number of beats per minute
17 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- blood-and-thunder — sensationalism, violence, or exaggerated melodrama: a movie full of blood and thunder.
18 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- chickenheartedness — Alternative form of chicken-heartedness.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- dechristianization — The act of dechristianizing; the systematic removal of Christianity or Christian elements.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
19 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- contradistinguished — Simple past tense and past participle of contradistinguish.
- contradistinguishes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of contradistinguish.
- dimethylnitrosamine — a yellow, water-soluble carcinogenic liquid, C 2 H 6 N 2 O, found in tobacco smoke and certain foods: known to be a potent carcinogen. Abbreviation: DMN, DMNA.
- disenfranchisements — Plural form of disenfranchisement.
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
20 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- adrenocorticotrophin — (hormone) adrenocorticotropic hormone.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
- electrocardiographic — Of or pertaining to an electrocardiogram (ECG) or electrocardiograph.
21 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- pseudohermaphroditism — an individual having internal reproductive organs of one sex and external sexual characteristics resembling those of the other sex or being ambiguous in nature. Compare hermaphrodite (def 1).
- ring-around-the-rosey — a children's game in which the players sing while going around in a circle and squat when the lyrics “all fall down” are sung.
- trichloroacetaldehyde — chloral (def 1).
22 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dacryocystorhinostomies — Plural form of dacryocystorhinostomy.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- electrocardiographically — By means of electrocardiography.
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
25 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
26 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy — (medicine) upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic — Alternative spelling of ethylenediaminetetracetic.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
27 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
28 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
30 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
32 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing h, e, a, r, t, d
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with H, E, A, R, T, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4149 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains H, E, A, R, T, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.