Words containing h, e
4 letter words containing h, e
- aceh — an autonomous region of N Indonesia, in N Sumatra; mountainous with rain forests; scene of separatist conflict since the late 1990s; coastal areas suffered badly in the Indian Ocean tsunami of December 2004. Capital: Banda Aceh. Pop: 3 930 905 (2000). Area: 55 392 sq km (21 381 sq miles)
- ache — If you ache or a part of your body aches, you feel a steady, fairly strong pain.
- ahem — In writing, ahem is used to show that someone is being ironic. Ahem is also used to show that someone wants to get another person's attention.
- ashe — Arthur (Robert). 1943–93, US tennis player: US champion 1968; Wimbledon champion 1975
5 letter words containing h, e
- ached — to have or suffer a continuous, dull pain: His whole body ached.
- ahead — Something that is ahead is in front of you. If you look ahead, you look directly in front of you.
- ahern — Bertie. born 1951, Irish politician; leader of the Fianna Fáil party (1994–2008); prime minister of the Republic of Ireland (1997–2008)
- aleph — the first letter in the Hebrew alphabet (א) articulated as a glottal stop and transliterated with a superior comma (')
- aruhe — the edible root of a fern
6 letter words containing h, e
- a-hole — Slang. asshole: used as a euphemism.
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- abwehr — the German high-command service for espionage, counterintelligence, and sabotage during World War II.
- achaea — a department of Greece, in the N Peloponnese. Capital: Patras. Pop: 318 928 (2001). Area: 3209 sq km (1239 sq miles)
- achebe — Chinua. 1930–2013, Nigerian novelist. His works include Things Fall Apart (1958), A Man of the People (1966), and Anthills of the Savannah (1987)
7 letter words containing h, e
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- acaleph — any of the coelenterates of the former taxonomic group Acalephae, which included the jellyfishes
- achaean — a member of a principal Greek tribe in the Mycenaean era
- achates — Aeneas' faithful companion in Virgil's Aeneid
8 letter words containing h, e
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abhorrer — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
- ace-high — esteemed; respected
- acephate — a white solid compound, C 4 H 10 NO 3 PS, used as an insecticide against a wide range of plant pests, including aphids, budworms, and tent caterpillars.
9 letter words containing h, e
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abernathy — Ralph David1926-90; U.S. clergyman & civil rights leader
- abernethy — a crisp unleavened biscuit
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
10 letter words containing h, e
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
11 letter words containing h, e
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abhominable — abominable.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
12 letter words containing h, e
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
13 letter words containing h, e
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
14 letter words containing h, e
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
15 letter words containing h, e
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
16 letter words containing h, e
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing h, e
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
18 letter words containing h, e
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
19 letter words containing h, e
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing h, e
21 letter words containing h, e
22 letter words containing h, e
23 letter words containing h, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing h, e
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing h, e
28 letter words containing h, e
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing h, e
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with H, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 53035 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains H, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.