Words containing g, r, o, u
5 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- bourg — a French market town, esp one beside a castle
- gourd — the hard-shelled fruit of any of various plants, especially those of Lagenaria siceraria (white-flowered gourd or bottle gourd) whose dried shell is used for bowls and other utensils, and Cucurbita pepo (yellow-flowered gourd) used ornamentally. Compare gourd family.
- group — any collection or assemblage of persons or things; cluster; aggregation: a group of protesters; a remarkable group of paintings.
- grout — a thin, coarse mortar poured into various narrow cavities, as masonry joints or rock fissures, to fill them and consolidate the adjoining objects into a solid mass.
- guiro — a South American musical instrument consisting of a hollow gourd with serrated surface that is scraped with a stick.
6 letter words containing g, r, o, u
7 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- aground — If a ship runs aground, it touches the ground in a shallow part of a river, lake, or the sea, and gets stuck.
- borglum — (John) Gutzon (ˈɡʌtsən). 1867–1941, US sculptor, noted for his monumental busts of US presidents carved in the mountainside of Mount Rushmore
- borlaug — Norman (Ernest). 1914–2009, US agronomist, who bred new strains of high-yielding cereal crops for use in developing countries. Nobel peace prize 1970
- borough — A borough is a town, or a district within a large town, which has its own council.
- bourges — a city in central France. Pop: 72 480 (1999)
8 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- argonaut — one of the heroes who sailed with Jason in quest of the Golden Fleece
- arguendo — (legal) for the sake of argument.
- arousing — causing sexual excitement
- autogiro — a self-propelled aircraft supported in flight mainly by unpowered rotating horizontal blades
- boksburg — city in central Gauteng province, South Africa: pop. 120,000
9 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- age-group — persons of approximately the same age and often of the same sex, nationality, educational or social background, etc.
- agincourt — a battle fought in 1415 near the village of Azincourt, N France: a decisive victory for English longbowmen under Henry V over French forces vastly superior in number
- androgeus — a son of Minos and Pasiphaë who fell victim to Athenian King Aegeus: in revenge, Minos waged war on the Athenians and forced them to send a tribute of seven maidens and seven youths to the Minotaur every nine years.
- angostura — the bitter, aromatic bark of either of two South American citrus trees, Galipea officinalis or G. cusparia, used in medicine and in the preparation of liqueurs and bitters.
- areopagus — the hill to the northwest of the Acropolis in Athens
10 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- acrogynous — having the female reproductive organ arising from the apical cell of the stem, thereby terminating its growth, as certain liverworts.
- adjourning — to suspend the meeting of (a club, legislature, committee, etc.) to a future time, another place, or indefinitely: to adjourn the court.
- aeruginous — bluish-green, like copper rust
- aminosugar — a monosaccharide with an amino or substituted amino group in place of a nonglycosidic hydroxyl group.
- amphigouri — amphigory.
11 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- agastrophus — a son of Paeon who was slain by Diomedes.
- agritourism — tourism in which customers stay in accommodation on working farms and may have the opportunity to help with farm work
- agrotourism — tourism in which tourists take part in farm or village activities, as animal and crop care, cooking and cleaning, handicrafts, and entertainments.
- amino-sugar — a monosaccharide with an amino or substituted amino group in place of a nonglycosidic hydroxyl group.
12 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
- afterthought — If you do or say something as an afterthought, you do or say it after something else as an addition, perhaps without careful thought.
- agaricaceous — belonging to the Agaricaceae, a family of fungi including mushrooms having blade-shaped gills on the underside of the cap.
- agranulocyte — a white blood cell without granules in its cytoplasm
- agrobusiness — the businesses collectively associated with the production, processing, and distribution of agricultural products.
13 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- agro-industry — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- agrobacterium — A soil bacterium, of the genus Agrobacterium, which can fix nitrogen, and causes the formation of crown galls in plants.
- aluminography — algraphy.
- angiospermous — of or relating to an angiosperm; having enclosed seeds.
- another-guess — of another kind.
14 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- auger-electron — a nonradiative process in which an atom in an excited state undergoes a transition to a lower state by the emission of a bound electron (Auger electron) rather than by the emission of an x-ray.
- autobiographer — a person who writes the story of his or her own life
- autobiographic — marked by or dealing with one's own experiences or life history; of or in the manner of an autobiography: autobiographical material; an autobiographical novel.
15 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- autolithography — a lithographic technique by which the artist draws or traces with a brush and pen directly on a stone or plate.
- autoradiography — the technique or process of making autoradiographs.
- borough-english — (until 1925) a custom in certain English boroughs whereby the youngest son inherited land to the exclusion of his older brothers
16 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- austro-hungarian — of or relating to the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary (1867–1918)
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
- circumnavigation — to sail or fly around; make the circuit of by navigation: to circumnavigate the earth.
- configurationism — Gestalt psychology
17 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- contradistinguish — to differentiate by means of contrasting or opposing qualities
- contrasuggestible — responding or tending to respond to a suggestion by doing or believing the opposite
- counter-migration — a migration in the opposite direction.
- counter-signature — a signature added by way of countersigning.
- counterinsurgency — action taken by a government to counter the activities of rebels, guerrillas, etc
18 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- gastroduodenostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
19 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counterconditioning — the conditioning of a response that is incompatible with some previously learned response; for example, in psychotherapy an anxious person might be taught relaxation, which is incompatible with anxiety
20 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- gill-over-the-ground — ground ivy.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- lymphogranulomatosis — widespread infectious granuloma of the lymphatic system.
21 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing g, r, o, u
26 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- organophosphorus-compounds — Biochemistry. any of a variety of organic compounds that contain phosphorus and often have intense neurotoxic activity: originally developed as nerve gases, now widely used as insecticides and fire retardants.
32 letter words containing g, r, o, u
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with G, R, O, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6803 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains G, R, O, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.