Words containing f, r, o
4 letter words containing f, r, o
5 letter words containing f, r, o
- afnor — Association Française de Normalisation: the standards organization of France
- afore — before
- afro- — Afro- is used to form adjectives and nouns that describe something that is connected with Africa.
- corfu — an island in the Ionian Sea, in the Ionian Islands: forms, with neighbouring islands, a department of Greece. Pop: 107 879 (2001). Area: 641 sq km (247 sq miles)
- croft — In Scotland, a croft is a small piece of land which is owned and farmed by one family and which provides them with food.
6 letter words containing f, r, o
- afford — If you cannot afford something, you do not have enough money to pay for it.
- alfaro — (Flavio) Eloy [flah-vyaw-e-loi] /ˈflɑ vyɔ ɛˈlɔɪ/ (Show IPA), 1864–1912, Ecuadorian political leader: president 1897–1901, 1907–11.
- before — If something happens before a particular date, time, or event, it happens earlier than that date, time, or event.
- biform — having or combining the characteristics of two forms, as a centaur
- coffer — A coffer is a large strong chest used for storing valuable objects such as money or gold and silver.
7 letter words containing f, r, o
- aciform — needle-shaped; sharp
- affords — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- affront — If something affronts you, you feel insulted and hurt because of it.
- airflow — The airflow around an object or vehicle is the way that the air flows around it.
- airfoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
8 letter words containing f, r, o
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- aeriform — having the form of air; gaseous
- aerofoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- afforded — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- afforest — to plant trees on; convert into forested land
9 letter words containing f, r, o
- aciniform — shaped like a bunch of grapes
- acre-foot — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 foot: equivalent to 43 560 cubic feet or 1233.5 cubic metres
- affording — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- affronted — experiencing an insult
- aforehand — beforehand; in advance
10 letter words containing f, r, o
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- aeriferous — conveying air, as the bronchial tubes.
- affordable — If something is affordable, most people have enough money to buy it.
- affordably — in an affordable or reasonably priced manner
11 letter words containing f, r, o
- acinaciform — (of leaves) shaped like a scimitar; curved
- actor-proof — (of a role or script) effective even if poorly acted.
- affirmation — the act of affirming or the state of being affirmed
- affirmatory — showing or giving confirmation, ratification, or assertion
- affrication — the changing of (a consonantal speech sound) to an affricate
12 letter words containing f, r, o
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afro-asiatic — a family of languages of SW Asia and N Africa, consisting of the Semitic, ancient Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic subfamilies
13 letter words containing f, r, o
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
- afro-american — African-American
14 letter words containing f, r, o
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing f, r, o
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- autotransfusion — a process in which a patient receives some of his or her own blood in a transfusion rather than a donor's blood
16 letter words containing f, r, o
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
17 letter words containing f, r, o
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing f, r, o
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
19 letter words containing f, r, o
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
20 letter words containing f, r, o
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing f, r, o
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, r, o
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, r, o
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
32 letter words containing f, r, o
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, R, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15967 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, R, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.