Words containing f, o, l
3 letter words containing f, o, l
- flo — a female given name, form of Florence.
4 letter words containing f, o, l
5 letter words containing f, o, l
- adolf — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “wolf.”.
- afoul — in or into a state of difficulty, confusion, or conflict (with)
- alofi — the capital of the Pacific Ocean island of Niue, a New Zealand dependency.
- aloft — Something that is aloft is in the air or off the ground.
- aloof — Someone who is aloof is not very friendly and does not like to spend time with other people.
6 letter words containing f, o, l
- afloat — If someone or something is afloat, they remain partly above the surface of water and do not sink.
- afocal — denoting a method for transferring an image without bringing it into focus
- alfaro — (Flavio) Eloy [flah-vyaw-e-loi] /ˈflɑ vyɔ ɛˈlɔɪ/ (Show IPA), 1864–1912, Ecuadorian political leader: president 1897–1901, 1907–11.
- alfold — Also called Great Alföld. a vast plain in E Hungary, extending to the border of Ukraine and into Serbia and W Romania.
- befool — to make a fool of
7 letter words containing f, o, l
- afl-cio — American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations: a federation of independent American trade unions formed by the union of these two groups in 1955
- airflow — The airflow around an object or vehicle is the way that the air flows around it.
- airfoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- alfisol — a fertile soil of humid regions that occurs worldwide, especially where native broadleaf forests were established, and is highly productive for agriculture.
- alfonso — 1886–1941, king of Spain 1886–1930.
8 letter words containing f, o, l
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- aerofoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- alfresco — An alfresco activity, especially a meal, is one that takes place in the open air.
- backflow — a reverse flow, the movement (of a liquid) in the opposite direction to its previous, natural or intended direction
- befouled — to make dirty or filthy; soil; defile; sully: a bird that befouls its own nest.
9 letter words containing f, o, l
- aflatoxin — a toxin produced by the fungus Aspergillus flavus growing on peanuts, maize, etc, causing liver disease (esp cancer) in man
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- afterload — (physiology) The load on a working muscle from a constant opposing force.
- allograft — a tissue graft from a donor genetically unrelated to the recipient
- aloofness — the quality or state of being aloof, distant, or reserved; indifference: His girlfriend's recent aloofness may be a sign that the relationship is over.
10 letter words containing f, o, l
- affliction — An affliction is something which causes physical or mental suffering.
- affordable — If something is affordable, most people have enough money to buy it.
- affordably — in an affordable or reasonably priced manner
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- axial-flow — having a fluid flow parallel to an axis of rotation, as in a turbine.
11 letter words containing f, o, l
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affiliation — If one group has an affiliation with another group, it has a close or official connection with it.
- aftercooler — a device for cooling compressed air or gases to reduce their volume or temperature.
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
- anteflexion — a bending forward of an organ, especially of the body of the uterus.
12 letter words containing f, o, l
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- alcohol-free — (of beer or wine) containing only a trace of alcohol
- all-powerful — An all-powerful person or organization has the power to do anything they want.
- amygdaliform — almond-shaped.
- anglo-french — of or relating to England and France
13 letter words containing f, o, l
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
14 letter words containing f, o, l
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
15 letter words containing f, o, l
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- caprifoliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caprifoliaceae, a family of N temperate shrubs, small trees, and climbers including honeysuckle, elder, and guelder-rose
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- cholecalciferol — a compound occurring naturally in fish-liver oils, used to treat rickets. Formula: C27H44O
- comfortableness — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
16 letter words containing f, o, l
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
17 letter words containing f, o, l
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
18 letter words containing f, o, l
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- cycle-of-indiction — a proclamation made every 15 years in the later Roman Empire, fixing the valuation of property to be used as a basis for taxation.
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words containing f, o, l
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
20 letter words containing f, o, l
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing f, o, l
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, o, l
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, o, l
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing f, o, l
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
29 letter words containing f, o, l
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing f, o, l
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, O, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11612 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, O, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.