Words containing f, l
3 letter words containing f, l
4 letter words containing f, l
- alfa — the NATO name for a class of nuclear-powered Soviet attack submarine having a titanium hull and a submerged speed of more than 40 knots.
- alif — the first letter of the Arabic alphabet
- bnfl — British Nuclear Fuels Limited
- calf — A calf is a young cow.
- clef — A clef is a symbol at the beginning of a line of music that indicates the pitch of the written notes.
5 letter words containing f, l
- adolf — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “wolf.”.
- afoul — in or into a state of difficulty, confusion, or conflict (with)
- alfie — a male given name, form of Alfred.
- alfur — a member of an aboriginal people of eastern Indonesia, especially of the Moluccas, whose features show both Malayan and Papuan characteristics.
- alofi — the capital of the Pacific Ocean island of Niue, a New Zealand dependency.
6 letter words containing f, l
- a-life — Artificial Life
- afflux — a flowing towards a point
- afield — away from one's usual surroundings or home (esp in the phrase far afield)
- aflame — If something is on fire, you can say it is aflame.
- afloat — If someone or something is afloat, they remain partly above the surface of water and do not sink.
7 letter words containing f, l
- aelfric — ("Ælfric Grammaticus"; "Ælfric the Grammarian") a.d. c955–c1020, English abbot and writer.
- affable — Someone who is affable is pleasant and friendly.
- affably — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
- affinal — joined or connected by marriage
- afflict — If you are afflicted by pain, illness, or disaster, it affects you badly and makes you suffer.
8 letter words containing f, l
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- aerofoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- afebrile — without fever
- afflated — resulting from influence of someone or something
- afflatus — an impulse of creative power or inspiration, esp in poetry, considered to be of divine origin (esp in the phrase divine afflatus)
9 letter words containing f, l
- affiliate — An affiliate is an organization which is officially connected with another, larger organization or is a member of it.
- afflicted — to distress with mental or bodily pain; trouble greatly or grievously: to be afflicted with arthritis.
- afflicter — a person who causes distress, torment, or affliction
- affluence — Affluence is the state of having a lot of money or a high standard of living.
- affluency — affluence (def 2).
10 letter words containing f, l
- affability — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectless — showing no emotion or concern for others
- affiliated — If an organization is affiliated with another larger organization, it is officially connected with the larger organization or is a member of it.
11 letter words containing f, l
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
- affiliation — If one group has an affiliation with another group, it has a close or official connection with it.
- affiliative — to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
12 letter words containing f, l
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- alcohol-free — (of beer or wine) containing only a trace of alcohol
- all-powerful — An all-powerful person or organization has the power to do anything they want.
- amygdaliform — almond-shaped.
13 letter words containing f, l
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
14 letter words containing f, l
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
15 letter words containing f, l
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- caprifoliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caprifoliaceae, a family of N temperate shrubs, small trees, and climbers including honeysuckle, elder, and guelder-rose
16 letter words containing f, l
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
17 letter words containing f, l
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
18 letter words containing f, l
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- cycle-of-indiction — a proclamation made every 15 years in the later Roman Empire, fixing the valuation of property to be used as a basis for taxation.
19 letter words containing f, l
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
20 letter words containing f, l
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
21 letter words containing f, l
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, l
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, l
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing f, l
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
32 letter words containing f, l
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 20618 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.