Words containing f, i, r, e, d
5 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
6 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- defier — a person who defies
- differ — to be unlike, dissimilar, or distinct in nature or qualities (often followed by from): The two writers differ greatly in their perceptions of the world. Each writer's style differs from that of another.
- faired — free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.
- fervid — heated or vehement in spirit, enthusiasm, etc.: a fervid orator.
- finder — a person or thing that finds.
7 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- briefed — lasting or taking a short time; of short duration: a brief walk; a brief stay in the country.
- dapifer — The servant that brings the meat to the table at a meal.
- debrief — When someone such as a soldier, diplomat, or astronaut is debriefed, they are asked to give a report on an operation or task that they have just completed.
- defiber — defibrate.
- defiler — to make foul, dirty, or unclean; pollute; taint; debase.
8 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- aerified — to aerate.
- affirmed — to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
- airfield — An airfield is an area of ground where aircraft take off and land. It is smaller than an airport.
- argufied — Simple past tense and past participle of argufy.
- befriend — If you befriend someone, especially someone who is lonely or far from home, you make friends with them.
9 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
10 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- affrighted — to frighten.
- aforesaide — Archaic spelling of aforesaid.
- africander — one of a breed of red beef cattle, raised originally in southern Africa, well adapted to high temperatures.
- afrikander — a breed of humpbacked beef cattle originally raised in southern Africa
- alderflies — Plural form of alderfly.
11 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- bakersfield — city in SC Calif.: pop. 247,000
- bergenfield — a city in NE New Jersey.
- butterfield — William. 1814–1900, British architect of the Gothic Revival; his buildings include Keble College, Oxford (1870) and All Saints, Margaret Street, London (1849–59)
- centerfield — the area of the outfield beyond second base and between right field and left field.
- centrifuged — an apparatus that rotates at high speed and by centrifugal force separates substances of different densities, as milk and cream.
12 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- affranchised — Simple past tense and past participle of affranchise.
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- after-dinner — immediately following dinner: an after-dinner speech.
- airfreighted — Simple past tense and past participle of airfreight.
- arfvedsonite — a type of hornblende with the composition Na3(Fe,Mg)4FeSi8O22(OH)2
13 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- aformentioned — Misspelling of aforementioned.
- anti-freudian — of or relating to Sigmund Freud or his doctrines, especially with respect to the causes and treatment of neurotic and psychopathic states, the interpretation of dreams, etc.
- biscuit-fired — (of a ceramic object) fired to harden the body.
- blood-profile — a diagnostic test that determines the exact numbers of each type of blood cell in a fixed quantity of blood. Abbreviation: CBC.
- centerfielder — (baseball) A player in the centerfield position.
14 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- antifederalism — Alternative form of anti-federalism.
- antifederalist — a person who opposed the ratification of the Constitution in 1789 and thereafter allied with Thomas Jefferson's Antifederal Party, which opposed extension of the powers of the federal Government
- artificialized — Simple past tense and past participle of artificialize.
- backside-front — backend-to.
15 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antifederalists — Plural form of antifederalist.
- azobisformamide — (chemistry) azodicarbonamide.
- butter-fingered — a person who frequently drops things; clumsy person.
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
16 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
- confederationism — The advocacy of confederation as a means of government.
17 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- dedifferentiating — Present participle of dedifferentiate.
- dedifferentiation — the reversion of the cells of differentiated tissue to a less specialized form
- defamiliarisation — (arts) The representation of objects anew, in a way that we do not recognize, or that changes our reading of them.
18 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- de-differentiation — a process by which structures or behaviors that were specialized for a specific function lose their specialization and become simplified or generalized.
- diaminofluorescein — (organic compound) A fluorescein into which two amino groups have been substituted.
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
19 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- disenfranchisements — Plural form of disenfranchisement.
- most-favored-nation — of or relating to the status, treatment, terms, etc., that are embodied in or conferred by a most-favored-nation clause.
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- pocket-handkerchief — handkerchief (def 1).
- pride-of-california — a shrubby plant, Lathyrus splendens, of the legume family, native to southern California, having showy clusters of pale rose-pink, violet, or magenta flowers and large, smooth, beaked pods.
20 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
21 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
23 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
26 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
27 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
32 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
35 letter words containing f, i, r, e, d
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with F, I, R, E, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4068 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, I, R, E, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.