Words containing f, i, d
3 letter words containing f, i, d
4 letter words containing f, i, d
5 letter words containing f, i, d
- bifid — divided into two lobes by a median cleft
- deify — If someone is deified, they are considered to be a god or are regarded with very great respect.
- diouf — Abdou [ab-doo] /æbˈdu/ (Show IPA), born 1935, president of Senegal 1981–2000.
- drift — a driving movement or force; impulse; impetus; pressure.
- edify — to instruct or benefit, especially morally or spiritually; uplift: religious paintings that edify the viewer.
6 letter words containing f, i, d
- adrift — If a boat is adrift, it is floating on the water and is not tied to anything or controlled by anyone.
- afield — away from one's usual surroundings or home (esp in the phrase far afield)
- afraid — If you are afraid of someone or afraid to do something, you are frightened because you think that something very unpleasant is going to happen to you.
- biffed — a blow; punch.
- bifold — foldable in two places
7 letter words containing f, i, d
- acidify — to convert into or become acid
- affined — closely related; connected
- affixed — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
- briefed — lasting or taking a short time; of short duration: a brief walk; a brief stay in the country.
- cardiff — the capital of Wales, situated in the southeast, in Cardiff county borough: formerly an important port; seat of the Welsh assembly (1999); university (1883). Pop: 346 100 (2011)
8 letter words containing f, i, d
- aerified — to aerate.
- affirmed — to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
- airfield — An airfield is an area of ground where aircraft take off and land. It is smaller than an airport.
- asfetida — asafetida.
- bandfile — to file with a file band on a band mill or band saw.
9 letter words containing f, i, d
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- affianced — betrothed; engaged.
- affidavit — An affidavit is a written statement which you swear is true and which may be used as evidence in a court of law.
- afflicted — to distress with mental or bodily pain; trouble greatly or grievously: to be afflicted with arthritis.
- affording — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
10 letter words containing f, i, d
- affiliated — If an organization is affiliated with another larger organization, it is officially connected with the larger organization or is a member of it.
- affrighted — to frighten.
- aficionada — a female aficionado
- aficionado — If someone is an aficionado of something, they like it and know a lot about it.
- africander — one of a breed of red beef cattle, raised originally in southern Africa, well adapted to high temperatures.
11 letter words containing f, i, d
- afficionado — aficionado.
- antifeedant — a chemical agent that causes a pest, as an insect, to stop eating.
- bakersfield — city in SC Calif.: pop. 247,000
- battlefield — A battlefield is a place where a battle is fought.
- bergenfield — a city in NE New Jersey.
12 letter words containing f, i, d
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- after-dinner — immediately following dinner: an after-dinner speech.
- amygdaliform — almond-shaped.
- arfvedsonite — a type of hornblende with the composition Na3(Fe,Mg)4FeSi8O22(OH)2
13 letter words containing f, i, d
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
- anti-freudian — of or relating to Sigmund Freud or his doctrines, especially with respect to the causes and treatment of neurotic and psychopathic states, the interpretation of dreams, etc.
- antisudorific — an antiperspirant.
- aridification — the process by which a humid region becomes increasingly dry, as by climatic change or human interference with the ecology.
14 letter words containing f, i, d
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- antifederalist — a person who opposed the ratification of the Constitution in 1789 and thereafter allied with Thomas Jefferson's Antifederal Party, which opposed extension of the powers of the federal Government
- backside-front — backend-to.
- balm-of-gilead — any of several plants of the genus Commiphora, especially C. opobalsamum and C. meccanensis, which yield a fragrant oleoresin.
15 letter words containing f, i, d
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- butter-fingered — a person who frequently drops things; clumsy person.
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
- cheval-de-frise — a portable barrier of spikes, sword blades, etc, used to obstruct the passage of cavalry
- commodification — to turn into a commodity; make commercial.
16 letter words containing f, i, d
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
17 letter words containing f, i, d
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- de-baathification — the process of removing the members and influence of the Ba'ath Party from public office in Iraq following the US-led invasion of 2003
- dedifferentiation — the reversion of the cells of differentiated tissue to a less specialized form
- defamiliarization — Art, Literature. a theory and technique, originating in the early 20th century, in which an artistic or literary work presents familiar objects or situations in an unfamiliar way, prolonging the perceptive process and allowing for a fresh perspective.
18 letter words containing f, i, d
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- cycle-of-indiction — a proclamation made every 15 years in the later Roman Empire, fixing the valuation of property to be used as a basis for taxation.
- de-differentiation — a process by which structures or behaviors that were specialized for a specific function lose their specialization and become simplified or generalized.
- de-objectification — to present as an object, especially of sight, touch, or other physical sense; make objective; externalize.
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
19 letter words containing f, i, d
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
21 letter words containing f, i, d
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
23 letter words containing f, i, d
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
32 letter words containing f, i, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, I, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7790 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, I, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.