Words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
6 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
7 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- farther — at or to a great distance; a long way off; at or to a remote point: We sailed far ahead of the fleet.
- fathers — Plural form of father.
- feather — one of the horny structures forming the principal covering of birds, consisting typically of a hard, tubular portion attached to the body and tapering into a thinner, stemlike portion bearing a series of slender, barbed processes that interlock to form a flat structure on each side.
- shafter — a shaft-horse, usually in tandem with another horse, that pulls a cart
- terefah — tref.
8 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- farfetch — (obsolete) Anything brought from afar, or brought about with studious care; a deep stratagem.
- farthest — being at a great distance; remote in time or place: a far country; the far future.
- fathered — a male parent.
- fatherly — of, like, or befitting a father.
- feathers — an apparatus for splitting stone, consisting of two tapered bars (feathers) inserted into a hole drilled into the stone, between which a narrow wedge (plug) is hammered to spread them.
9 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- affirmeth — Archaic third-person singular form of affirm.
- affordeth — Archaic third-person singular form of afford.
- affreight — to charter (a ship) as a freight carrier.
- afterheat — the heat generated in a nuclear reactor after it has been shut down, produced by residual radioactivity in the fuel elements
- aftermath — The aftermath of an important event, especially a harmful one, is the situation that results from it.
10 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- affrighted — to frighten.
- affrighten — to cause alarm or fright (in)
- afterbirth — the placenta and fetal membranes expelled from the uterus after the birth of the offspring
- afterhours — occurring, engaged in, or operating after the normal or legal closing time for business: an after-hours drinking club.
- afterlight — the light visible in the sky after sunset; afterglow.
11 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- after-hours — You use after-hours to describe activities which happen after the end of the usual time for them.
- after-lunch — occurring after a midday meal
- after-shave — a lotion, usually astringent and perfumed, applied to the face after shaving
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
12 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- affrightedly — in a frightened or alarmed manner
- affrightment — the act of causing fear or alarm
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- afterthought — If you do or say something as an afterthought, you do or say it after something else as an addition, perhaps without careful thought.
13 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
14 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- burschenschaft — a students' fraternity, originally one concerned with Christian ideals, patriotism, etc
- falseheartedly — In a falsehearted manner.
- fare-thee-well — a state of perfection: The meal was done to a fare-thee-well.
- farfetchedness — the quality of being far-fetched
- farsightedness — seeing objects at a distance more clearly than those near at hand; hyperopic.
15 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
- counterflashing — (construction) Formed metal or elastomeric sheeting secured on or into a wall, curb, pipe or other surface, to cover and protect the upper edge of a base flashing and its associated fasteners.
- enfranchisement — The act of enfranchising.
- faint-heartedly — nervously
- faithworthiness — the quality of being faithworthy
16 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- craftspersonship — The body of activities, skills, techniques, knowledge, and expertise pertinent to (a) particular craft(s).
- disfranchisement — to deprive (a person) of a right of citizenship, as of the right to vote.
- faintheartedness — The quality or state of being fainthearted.
- father-surrogate — a male who replaces an absent father and becomes an object of attachment.
17 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- court-of-chancery — chancery (def 4a).
- dimethylformamide — a colourless liquid widely used as a solvent and sometimes as a catalyst. Formula: (CH3)2NCHO
- faint-heartedness — lack of courage
18 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
- hydroflumethiazide — A diuretic drug.
- hyperproliferation — (biology) An abnormally high rate of proliferation of cells by rapid division.
19 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- disenfranchisements — Plural form of disenfranchisement.
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
- hexafluoroplatinate — (chemistry) The univalent anion PtF6- prepared by reacting platinum hexafluoride with certain metals or other elements.
20 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hexafluoroantimonate — (inorganic chemistry) The anion SbF6- or any salt containing this anion; it is used as an acidic catalyst in epoxide opening reactions.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- comfortably-furnished — containing comfortable furniture
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- pellitory-of-the-wall — an urticaceous plant, P. diffusa, of the S and W European genus Parietaria, which grows in crevices and has long narrow leaves and small pink flowers
- self-characterization — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
22 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
23 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- great-great-grandfather — grandfather of a grandparent
- polytetrafluoroethylene — any polymer, plastic, or resin having the formula (C 2 F 4) n , prepared from tetrafluoroethylene, noted for its slippery, nonsticking properties, and used in the manufacture of gaskets, electrical insulation, tubing, candy molds, container linings, frying-pan coatings, etc.
25 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
26 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
32 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing f, a, t, h, e, r
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, T, H, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2343 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, T, H, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.