Words containing f, a, s, h, i
6 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
7 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- barfish — A vern yellow bass, Morone mississippiensis.
- batfish — any angler of the family Ogcocephalidae, having a flattened scaleless body and moving on the sea floor by means of fleshy pectoral and pelvic fins
- catfish — Catfish are a type of fish that have long thin spines around their mouths.
- deafish — rather hard of hearing
- faddish — like a fad.
8 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- afghanis — Plural form of afghani.
- airshaft — (architecture) A vertical opening running from a courtyard to the sky, thus allowing air to circulate to high-rise apartments or offices.
- baitfish — any small fish used as bait for larger fish
- bandfish — a Mediterranean fish with an elongated body
- beakfish — Any of certain fishes of the family Oplegnathidae.
9 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- amberfish — amberjack.
- angelfish — any of various small tropical marine percoid fishes of the genus Pomacanthus and related genera, which have a deep flattened brightly coloured body and brushlike teeth: family Chaetodontidae
- backfisch — a teenage girl; a girl who has not yet reached maturity
- backshift — The changing of a present tense in direct speech to a past tense in reported speech (or a past tense to pluperfect).
- beardfish — any of several fishes of the family Polymyxiidae, found in the deeper waters of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, having a pair of long barbels under the chin.
10 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- anglerfish — a bony fish with a growth on its head which can be wiggled to attract prey
- archerfish — any freshwater percoid fish of the family Toxotidae of S and SE Asia and Australia, esp Toxotes jaculatrix, that catch insects by spitting water at them
- archfiends — Plural form of archfiend.
- banffshire — (until 1975) a county of NE Scotland: formerly (1975–96) part of Grampian region, now part of Aberdeenshire
- barrelfish — a blackish stromateid fish, Hyperoglyphe perciformis, inhabiting New England coastal waters.
11 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- affranchise — to release from servitude or an obligation
- afghanistan — a republic in central Asia: became independent in 1919; occupied by Soviet troops, 1979–89; controlled by mujaheddin forces from 1992 until 1996 when Taliban forces seized power; in the US-led 'war on terror' (2001) the Taliban were overthrown although their insurgency continues; generally arid and mountainous, with the Hindu Kush range rising over 7500 m (25 000 ft) and fertile valleys of the Amu Darya, Helmand, and Kabul Rivers. Official languages: Pashto and Dari (Persian), Tajik also widely spoken. Religion: Muslim. Currency: afghani. Capital: Kabul. Pop: 31 108 077 (2013 est). Area: 657 500 sq km (250 000 sq miles)
- anemonefish — Any of the clownfish, principally in the Amphiprion genus.
- antifashion — opposing mainstream fashion
- bailiffship — the office of a bailiff
12 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- affamishment — (obsolete) starvation.
- affranchised — Simple past tense and past participle of affranchise.
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- archerfishes — Plural form of archerfish.
- bairnsfather — Bruce. 1888–1959, British cartoonist, born in India: best known for his cartoons of the war in the trenches during World War I
13 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- chieftainship — the chief of a clan or a tribe.
- craftsmanship — Craftsmanship is the skill that someone uses when they make beautiful things with their hands.
- disfranchised — Simple past tense and past participle of disfranchise.
14 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- disenfranchise — to disfranchise.
- disfranchising — Present participle of disfranchise.
- farsightedness — seeing objects at a distance more clearly than those near at hand; hyperopic.
- farthingsworth — the amount that can be bought with a farthing; a small amount
15 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- antifashionable — not conforming to mainstream fashion
- antishoplifting — designed to prevent shoplifting
- channel-surfing — Channel-surfing is the same as channel-hopping.
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
- cheval-de-frise — a portable barrier of spikes, sword blades, etc, used to obstruct the passage of cavalry
16 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
- clay-with-flints — a deposit of stiff clay containing unworn whole flints in the S England
- craftspersonship — The body of activities, skills, techniques, knowledge, and expertise pertinent to (a) particular craft(s).
- disenfranchising — Present participle of disenfranchise.
- disfranchisement — to deprive (a person) of a right of citizenship, as of the right to vote.
17 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- faint-heartedness — lack of courage
- fashion-conscious — interested in, and wanting to wear, fashionable clothes
- female-chauvinist — a person who is aggressively and blindly patriotic, especially one devoted to military glory.
- hydrogasification — a high-temperature, high-pressure process for producing liquid or gaseous fuels from fine particles of coal and hydrogen gas
18 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
- king-of-the-salmon — a ribbonfish, Trachypterus altivelis, of northern parts of the Pacific Ocean.
19 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- disenfranchisements — Plural form of disenfranchisement.
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
- harbinger-of-spring — a North American umbelliferous herb, Erigenia bulbosa, having white flowers that bloom early in the spring.
- ladies-of-the-night — plural of lady-of-the-night.
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
20 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
22 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
25 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
26 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
34 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing f, a, s, h, i
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, S, H, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2076 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, S, H, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.