Words containing f, a, r, m
5 letter words containing f, a, r, m
6 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- affirm — If you affirm that something is true or that something exists, you state firmly and publicly that it is true or exists.
- armful — An armful of something is the amount of it that you can carry fairly easily.
- corfam — a synthetic water-repellent material used as a substitute for shoe leather
- farmed — a tract of land, usually with a house, barn, silo, etc., on which crops and often livestock are raised for livelihood.
- farmer — Fannie (Merritt) [mer-it] /ˈmɛr ɪt/ (Show IPA), 1857–1915, U.S. authority on cooking.
7 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- a-frame — (of a house) constructed with an A-shaped elevation
- aciform — needle-shaped; sharp
- affirms — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of affirm.
- aliform — wing-shaped; alar
- arcform — noting a type of cargo-ship construction in which the sides have the form of arcs so drawn that the greatest breadth is at load waterline, the purpose being to promote the flow of water to the propeller with an easy bilge and without loss of capacity.
8 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- aeriform — having the form of air; gaseous
- affirmed — to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
- affirmer — One who affirms.
- airframe — the body of an aircraft, excluding its engines
- amfortas — (in medieval legend) the leader of the knights of the Holy Grail
9 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- aciniform — shaped like a bunch of grapes
- affirmant — a person who affirms.
- affirmest — (archaic) Archaic second-person singular form of affirm.
- affirmeth — Archaic third-person singular form of affirm.
- affirming — to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
10 letter words containing f, a, r, m
11 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- acinaciform — (of leaves) shaped like a scimitar; curved
- affirmation — the act of affirming or the state of being affirmed
- affirmative — An affirmative word or gesture indicates that you agree with what someone has said or that the answer to a question is 'yes'.
- affirmatory — showing or giving confirmation, ratification, or assertion
- affirmingly — in an affirming or asserting manner
12 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- affirmations — Plural form of affirmation.
- affirmatives — Plural form of affirmative.
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
13 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
- aformentioned — Misspelling of aforementioned.
- afro-american — African-American
14 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- aftertreatment — a method or device for reducing harmful emissions from internal-combustion engines before they are released into the atmosphere, for example a filter or a catalytic converter
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
15 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- affirmativeness — The property of being affirmative.
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
16 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- antiinflammatory — Alternative spelling of anti-inflammatory.
- autotransformers — Plural form of autotransformer.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
17 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
- camp-fire-members — a U.S. organization for girls and boys that emphasizes the building of character and good citizenship through work, health, and love; originally founded for girls (Camp Fire girls) in 1910, it is now open to both boys and girls (Camp Fire members)
18 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- diaminofluorescein — (organic compound) A fluorescein into which two amino groups have been substituted.
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
19 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- disenfranchisements — Plural form of disenfranchisement.
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
- most-favored-nation — of or relating to the status, treatment, terms, etc., that are embodied in or conferred by a most-favored-nation clause.
20 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- antiferromagnetically — In an antiferromagnetic manner.
- performance-enhancing — noting or relating to a drug or other substance used to improve one's performance in a sport or other activity requiring strength, stamina, etc.: The use of performance-enhancing steroids by athletes is banned.
- saint-maur-des-fosses — a town in N central France, near Paris, on the Marne River.
- tetrabromofluorescein — eosin (def 1).
22 letter words containing f, a, r, m
23 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- stream-of-consciousness — of, relating to, or characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences, syntactic structure, distinctions between various levels of reality, or the like: a stream-of-consciousness novel; a stream-of-consciousness technique.
25 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
26 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
32 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing f, a, r, m
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, R, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4443 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, R, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.