Words containing f, a, n
3 letter words containing f, a, n
4 letter words containing f, a, n
- aftn — Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunications Network: a worldwide system of radio and cable links for transmitting and recording messages
- fain — gladly; willingly: He fain would accept.
- fana — the ecstatic union of the Sufi with the Divine.
- fane — a temple.
- fang — one of the long, sharp, hollow or grooved teeth of a venomous snake by which poison is injected.
5 letter words containing f, a, n
- afnor — Association Française de Normalisation: the standards organization of France
- afyon — a city in W Turkey.
- banff — a town in NE Scotland, in Aberdeenshire. Pop: 3991 (2001)
- facon — a fashion; manner; style.
- faena — the final third of a bullfight in which the matador uses a muleta and the sword in making the final series of passes preparatory to the kill.
6 letter words containing f, a, n
- affine — of, characterizing, or involving transformations which preserve collinearity, esp in classical geometry, those of translation, rotation and reflection in an axis
- afghan — Afghan means belonging or relating to Afghanistan, or to its people or language.
- afonso — Portuguese name of Alfonso I and Alfonso V.
- alfven — Hannes Olaf Gösta (ˈhannɛs ˈuːlaf ˈjøsta). 1908–95, Swedish physicist, noted for his research on magnetohydrodynamics; shared the Nobel prize for physics in 1970
- annwfn — the other world; the land of fairies.
7 letter words containing f, a, n
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- affiant — a person who makes an affidavit
- affinal — joined or connected by marriage
- affined — closely related; connected
- affront — If something affronts you, you feel insulted and hurt because of it.
8 letter words containing f, a, n
- afferent — bringing or directing inwards to a part or an organ of the body, esp towards the brain or spinal cord
- affiance — to bind (a person or oneself) in a promise of marriage; betroth
- affinity — If you have an affinity with someone or something, you feel that you are similar to them or that you know and understand them very well.
- affixing — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
- affluent — If you are affluent, you have a lot of money.
9 letter words containing f, a, n
- aciniform — shaped like a bunch of grapes
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
- affianced — betrothed; engaged.
- affirmant — a person who affirms.
10 letter words containing f, a, n
11 letter words containing f, a, n
- acinaciform — (of leaves) shaped like a scimitar; curved
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- advance-fee — money paid in advance, as for goods or services, to a commission agent or the like.
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
12 letter words containing f, a, n
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
13 letter words containing f, a, n
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
14 letter words containing f, a, n
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
15 letter words containing f, a, n
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
16 letter words containing f, a, n
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
17 letter words containing f, a, n
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing f, a, n
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
19 letter words containing f, a, n
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
20 letter words containing f, a, n
21 letter words containing f, a, n
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, a, n
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, a, n
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing f, a, n
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
32 letter words containing f, a, n
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13314 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.