Words containing f, a, i, n
4 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- fain — gladly; willingly: He fain would accept.
5 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- fagin — (in Dickens' Oliver Twist) a villainous old man who trains and uses young boys as thieves.
- faint — lacking brightness, vividness, clearness, loudness, strength, etc.: a faint light; a faint color; a faint sound.
- fanti — a Kwa language spoken in Ghana that is mutually intelligible with Twi.
- final — pertaining to or coming at the end; last in place, order, or time: the final meeting of the year.
- finca — a ranch or large farm in a Spanish-speaking country, especially a plantation in tropical Spanish America.
6 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- affine — of, characterizing, or involving transformations which preserve collinearity, esp in classical geometry, those of translation, rotation and reflection in an axis
- baffin — William. c.1584–1622, English navigator and explorer who led several expeditions to find the North West Passage
- fabian — seeking victory by delay and harassment rather than by a decisive battle as in the manner of Fabius Maximus: Fabian policy.
- facing — the front part of the head, from the forehead to the chin.
- fading — to lose brightness or vividness of color.
7 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- affiant — a person who makes an affidavit
- affinal — joined or connected by marriage
- affined — closely related; connected
- afghani — the standard monetary unit of Afghanistan, divided into 100 puli
- african — African means belonging or relating to the continent of Africa, or to its countries or people.
8 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- affiance — to bind (a person or oneself) in a promise of marriage; betroth
- affinity — If you have an affinity with someone or something, you feel that you are similar to them or that you know and understand them very well.
- affixing — to fasten, join, or attach (usually followed by to): to affix stamps to a letter.
- affusion — the baptizing of a person by pouring water onto his head
- afikomen — a piece of matzo broken off from the center one of the three matzoth set before the leader of a Seder: it is hidden by the leader and later searched for by the children, with the finder, usually the youngest, receiving a reward.
9 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- aciniform — shaped like a bunch of grapes
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
- affianced — betrothed; engaged.
- affirmant — a person who affirms.
10 letter words containing f, a, i, n
11 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- acinaciform — (of leaves) shaped like a scimitar; curved
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- afficionado — aficionado.
12 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- africanness' — Also, Africa. of or from Africa; belonging to the black peoples of Africa.
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
13 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
14 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
15 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
16 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
17 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
19 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
20 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
22 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
29 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing f, a, i, n
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, I, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9670 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, I, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.