Words containing f, a, c, e
4 letter words containing f, a, c, e
5 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- chafe — If your skin chafes or is chafed by something, it becomes sore as a result of something rubbing against it.
- decaf — Decaf is decaffeinated coffee.
- faced — having a specified kind of face or number of faces (usually used in combination): a sweet-faced child; the two-faced god.
- facer — a person or thing that faces.
- facet — one of the small, polished plane surfaces of a cut gem.
6 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- affect — If something affects a person or thing, it influences them or causes them to change in some way.
- afscme — American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
- cafone — an uncouth person; lowlife.
- carafe — A carafe is a glass container in which you serve water or wine.
- casefy — to make or become similar to cheese
7 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- aelfric — ("Ælfric Grammaticus"; "Ælfric the Grammarian") a.d. c955–c1020, English abbot and writer.
- affiche — a poster or advertisement, esp one drawn by an artist, as for the opening of an exhibition
- caffein — a white, crystalline, bitter alkaloid, C 8 H 10 N 4 O 2 , usually derived from coffee or tea: used in medicine chiefly as a nervous system stimulant.
- careful — If you are careful, you give serious attention to what you are doing, in order to avoid harm, damage, or mistakes. If you are careful to do something, you make sure that you do it.
8 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- affected — If you describe someone's behaviour as affected, you disapprove of the fact that they behave in an unnatural way that is intended to impress other people.
- affiance — to bind (a person or oneself) in a promise of marriage; betroth
- alfresco — An alfresco activity, especially a meal, is one that takes place in the open air.
- artefact — An artefact is an ornament, tool, or other object that is made by a human being, especially one that is historically or culturally interesting.
- artifice — Artifice is the clever use of tricks and devices.
9 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- acre-foot — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 foot: equivalent to 43 560 cubic feet or 1233.5 cubic metres
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
- affective — relating to affects
10 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectless — showing no emotion or concern for others
- affirmance — a verification, confirmation, or affirmation
11 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- advance-fee — money paid in advance, as for goods or services, to a commission agent or the like.
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
12 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- africanness' — Also, Africa. of or from Africa; belonging to the black peoples of Africa.
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
13 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
14 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- anti-infective — of or relating to a substance used in the treatment of an infection.
15 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- caprifoliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caprifoliaceae, a family of N temperate shrubs, small trees, and climbers including honeysuckle, elder, and guelder-rose
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- chesterfieldian — of or like Lord Chesterfield; suave; elegant; polished
16 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- cause-and-effect — noting a relationship between actions or events such that one or more are the result of the other or others.
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
17 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- attorneys-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
18 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- de-objectification — to present as an object, especially of sight, touch, or other physical sense; make objective; externalize.
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
19 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
20 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- performance-enhancing — noting or relating to a drug or other substance used to improve one's performance in a sport or other activity requiring strength, stamina, etc.: The use of performance-enhancing steroids by athletes is banned.
22 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
25 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
32 letter words containing f, a, c, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A, C, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7004 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A, C, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.