Words containing d, o, w
4 letter words containing d, o, w
- dhow — a lateen-rigged coastal Arab sailing vessel with one or two masts
- douw — Gerard [gey-rahrt] /ˈgeɪ rɑrt/ (Show IPA), 1613–75, Dutch painter: pupil of Rembrandt.
- dowf — dull; stupid.
- down — from higher to lower; in descending direction or order; toward, into, or in a lower position: to come down the ladder.
- dows — to be able.
5 letter words containing d, o, w
6 letter words containing d, o, w
- atwood — Margaret (Eleanor) born 1939, Canadian poet and novelist. Her novels include Lady Oracle (1976), The Handmaid's Tale (1986), Alias Grace (1996), the Booker Prize-winning The Blind Assassin (2000), and Oryx and Crake (2003)
- avowed — If you are an avowed supporter or opponent of something, you have declared that you support it or oppose it.
- blowed — a simple past tense and past participle of blow2 .
- browed — having a brow of a specified kind (usually used in combination): a shaggy-browed brute.
- byword — Someone or something that is a byword for a particular quality is well known for having that quality.
7 letter words containing d, o, w
- adwoman — a woman who works in advertising
- allowed — to let have; give as one's share; grant as one's right: to allow a person $100 for expenses.
- ashdown — Paddy, Baron. real name Jeremy John Durham Ashdown. born 1941, British politician; leader of the Liberal Democrats (formerly the Social and Liberal Democrats) (1988–99); UN high representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina (2002–06)
- baywood — the light soft wood of a tropical American mahogany tree, Swietenia macrophylla, of the bay region of SE Mexico
- bogwood — bog oak.
8 letter words containing d, o, w
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- advowson — the right of presentation to a vacant benefice
- agalwood — a soft, resinous wood of the Asain tree Aquilaria malaccensis, known for its aromatic qualities, and used in incense
- avowedly — acknowledged; declared: an avowed enemy.
- backdown — an act of retreating from a previously asserted position
9 letter words containing d, o, w
10 letter words containing d, o, w
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- alderwoman — (in England and Wales until 1974) one of the senior female members of a local council, elected by other councillors
- autowinder — a battery-operated device for advancing the film in a camera automatically after each exposure
- bawdyhouse — a house of prostitution
- beadswoman — a female inhabitant of a beadhouse
11 letter words containing d, o, w
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- bandywallop — an imaginary town, far from civilization
- belowground — underground
- bladderwort — any aquatic plant of the genus Utricularia, some of whose leaves are modified as small bladders to trap minute aquatic animals: family Lentibulariaceae
12 letter words containing d, o, w
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- backswordman — a person who uses a backsword.
- backwoodsman — Backwoodsmen are people, especially politicians, who like the old ways of doing things, or who are involved in an organization at a local level.
13 letter words containing d, o, w
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- backwardation — the difference between the spot price for a commodity, including rent and interest, and the forward price
- beetle-browed — having bushy or overhanging eyebrows
- bishop's-weed — goutweed.
- disfellowship — (in some Protestant religions) the status of a member who, because of some serious infraction of church policy, has been denied the church's sacraments and any post of responsibility and is officially shunned by other members.
14 letter words containing d, o, w
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
- bonded-whiskey — something that binds, fastens, confines, or holds together.
15 letter words containing d, o, w
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- brown-and-serve — requiring only a brief period of browning, as in an oven, before being ready to serve: brown-and-serve rolls.
- casement-window — a window sash opening on hinges that are generally attached to the upright side of its frame.
- cloak-and-sword — (of a drama or work of fiction) dealing with characters who wear cloaks and swords; concerned with the customs and romance of the nobility in bygone times.
16 letter words containing d, o, w
- creditworthiness — having a satisfactory credit rating.
- dyed-in-the-wool — through and through; complete: a dyed-in-the-wool reformer.
- follow-my-leader — a game in which the players must repeat the actions of the leader
- forward-thinking — planning or tending to plan for the future; forward-looking.
- knowledgeability — possessing or exhibiting knowledge, insight, or understanding; intelligent; well-informed; discerning; perceptive.
17 letter words containing d, o, w
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- downwardly-mobile — See under vertical mobility (def 1).
- old-man-and-woman — houseleek (def 1).
- self-acknowledged — widely recognized; generally accepted: an acknowledged authority on Chinese art.
18 letter words containing d, o, w
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- chuck-will's-widow — a large North American nightjar, Caprimulgus carolinensis, similar to the whippoorwill
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
19 letter words containing d, o, w
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- country-and-western — country music.
- knock-down-drag-out — marked by unrelenting violence: a knock-down-drag-out fight.
- nine--days---wonder — an event or thing that arouses considerable but short-lived interest or excitement.
22 letter words containing d, o, w
- mind-your-own-business — baby's-tears.
On this page, we collect all words with D, O, W. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6190 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains D, O, W that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.