Words containing d, a, c, r, y
5 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
6 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- arcady — Arcadia2 (the ancient region)
- cedary — resembling a cedar tree or its wood
- corday — Charlotte (ʃarlɔt), full name Marie Anne Charlotte Corday d'Armont. 1768–93, French Girondist revolutionary, who assassinated Marat
- darcys — a male given name.
- drancy — a residential suburb of NE Paris. Pop: 66 454 (2006)
7 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- acridly — In a harsh or corrosive manner.
- ardency — having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent: an ardent vow; ardent love.
- cadbury — George. 1839–1922, British Quaker industrialist and philanthropist. He established, with his brother Richard Cadbury (1835–99), the chocolate-making company Cadbury Brothers and the garden village Bournville, near Birmingham, for their workers
- carryed — Simple past tense and past participle of carry; archaic spelling of carried.
- cawdrey — Robert. 16th–17th-century English schoolmaster and lexicographer: compiled the first English dictionary (A Table Alphabeticall) in 1604
8 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- acridity — sharp or biting to the taste or smell; bitterly pungent; irritating to the eyes, nose, etc.: acrid smoke from burning rubber.
- backyard — A backyard is an area of land at the back of a house.
- calendry — a place where calendering is carried out
- card-key — a small plastic card with magnetic coding that is read electronically when inserted into a scanner and used in place of a key to open locks, hotel doors, etc.
- caryatid — a column, used to support an entablature, in the form of a draped female figure
9 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- abecedary — abecedarian.
- acrodynia — (pathology) An epidemic disease of the skin characterized by increased sensibility of the soles and palms, with pricking sensations in them and rheumatoid pains in the hands and feet.
- acronymed — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- adhocracy — management that responds to urgent problems rather than planning to avoid them
- archduchy — the territory ruled by an archduke or archduchess
10 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- accordancy — accord; agreement
- accursedly — In an accursed manner.
- acidimetry — the determination of the amount of acid present in a solution, measured by an acidimeter or by volumetric analysis
- acrylamide — a chemical compound that forms in certain foods when exposed to high temperature
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
11 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
12 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
13 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
14 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- adrenergically — in a manner relating to the release or activation of adrenaline
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- antidromically — in an antidromic manner
- arachnodactyly — A condition in which the fingers and hands are abnormally long and slender.
- arcado-cyprian — an ancient language group of eastern Greece.
15 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- aerodynamicists — Plural form of aerodynamicist.
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- astrodynamicist — a person who studies astrodynamics
- atlantic-ridley — ridley (def 1).
16 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
- chondrodysplasia — (medicine) A genetic disorder characterized by short-limbed dwarfism.
- coleridge-taylor — Samuel. 1875–1912, British composer, best known for his trilogy of oratorios Song of Hiawatha (1898–1900)
17 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
- chemoradiotherapy — (medicine) A combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy used to treat some cancers.
- dehydrochlorinase — an enzyme that catalyzes the removal of hydrogen and chlorine atoms or ions from chlorinated hydrocarbons.
18 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- decachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) The fully chlorinated polychlorinated biphenyl containing ten chlorine atoms.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
19 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
20 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- electrohydrodynamics — (physics) the study of the dynamics of electrically conducting fluid.
- heteropolysaccharide — (carbohydrate) any polysaccharide formed from two or more different kinds of monosaccharide.
- hyperadrenocorticism — Cushing's syndrome.
21 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- comfortably-furnished — containing comfortable furniture
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- dendrochronologically — By the use of, or with reference to dendrochronology.
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
- mucopolysaccharidoses — Plural form of mucopolysaccharidosis.
22 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- hexahydroxycyclohexane — inositol.
- paracoccidioidomycosis — a chronic infection caused by the fungus Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, occurring in Mexico and in Central and South America, characterized by mouth and throat ulcers, weight loss, and lesions on the skin, intestines, and genitals.
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- dacryocystorhinostomies — Plural form of dacryocystorhinostomy.
- fluorochlorohydrocarbon — (organic chemistry) Any compound formally derived from a hydrocarbon by replacing some hydrogen atoms with fluorine and some with chlorine (at least one being retained).
- hydrochlorofluorocarbon — Any of a class of inert compounds of carbon, hydrogen, hydrocarbons, chlorine, and fluorine, used in place of chlorofluorocarbons as being somewhat less destructive to the ozone layer.
- magnetohydrodynamically — In a magnetohydrodynamic way.
24 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
25 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy — (medicine) upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic — Alternative spelling of ethylenediaminetetracetic.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
30 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
35 letter words containing d, a, c, r, y
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with D, A, C, R, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2509 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains D, A, C, R, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.