Words containing c, o, n
5 letter words containing c, o, n
- acorn — An acorn is a pale oval nut that is the fruit of an oak tree.
- acron — the unsegmented, preoral portion of the body of an arthropod.
- acton — a jacket or jerkin, originally of quilted cotton, worn under a coat of mail
- alcon — a noted archer who helped Hercules abduct the cattle of Geryon.
- ancho — a Poblano chilli pepper that has been dried and turned a dark-red or black colour
6 letter words containing c, o, n
- ackton — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
- acnode — a point whose coordinates satisfy the equation of a curve although it does not lie on the curve; an isolated point. The origin is an acnode of the curve y2 + x2 = x3
- action — Action is doing something for a particular purpose.
- adonic — (in classical prosody) of or relating to a verse line consisting of a dactyl (– ◡ ◡) followed by a spondee (– –) or by a trochee (– ◡), thought to have been first used in laments for Adonis
- agonic — forming no angle
7 letter words containing c, o, n
- aaronic — of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- abscond — If someone absconds from somewhere such as a prison, they escape from it or leave it without permission.
- account — If you have an account with a bank or a similar organization, you have an arrangement to leave your money there and take some out when you need it.
- acetoin — a yellowish, pleasant-smelling liquid, C 4 H 8 O 2 , obtained from various carbohydrates, as glucose, by fermentation: used chiefly in the manufacture of flavors and essences.
- acetone — Acetone is a type of solvent.
8 letter words containing c, o, n
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- accentor — any small sparrow-like songbird of the genus Prunella, family Prunellidae, which inhabit mainly mountainous regions of Europe and Asia
- accutron — a type of watch in which the balance wheel and hairspring are replaced by a tuning fork kept in vibration by a tiny internal battery
- aconitum — any plant belonging to the genus Aconitum, of the buttercup family, having irregular flowers usually in loose clusters, including species with poisonous and medicinal properties.
- acrimony — Acrimony is bitter and angry words or quarrels.
9 letter words containing c, o, n
10 letter words containing c, o, n
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
11 letter words containing c, o, n
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
12 letter words containing c, o, n
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
13 letter words containing c, o, n
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
- accommodation — Accommodation is used to refer to buildings or rooms where people live or stay.
14 letter words containing c, o, n
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
15 letter words containing c, o, n
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
16 letter words containing c, o, n
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
17 letter words containing c, o, n
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
18 letter words containing c, o, n
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
19 letter words containing c, o, n
20 letter words containing c, o, n
21 letter words containing c, o, n
22 letter words containing c, o, n
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
23 letter words containing c, o, n
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with C, O, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 38594 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, O, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.