Words containing c, i, v, l
5 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- cavil — If you say that someone cavils at something, you mean that they make criticisms of it that you think are unimportant or unnecessary.
- civil — You use civil to describe events that happen within a country and that involve the different groups of people in it.
- clavi — Psychiatry. an intense headache in which the pain is likened to one that would be produced by a sharp object driven into the skull.
- clive — Robert, Baron Clive of Plassey. 1725–74, British general and statesman, whose victory at Plassey (1757) strengthened British control in India
- velic — pertaining to the operation of the velum in relation to the passageway into the nasal cavity: velic closure.
6 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- calvin — John, original name Jean Cauvin, Caulvin, or Chauvin. 1509–64, French theologian: a leader of the Protestant Reformation in France and Switzerland, establishing the first presbyterian government in Geneva. His theological system is described in his Institutes of the Christian Religion (1536)
- cavill — Frederick, 1839–1927, Australian swimmer and coach, born in England: developed the Australian crawl.
- cavils — to raise irritating and trivial objections; find fault with unnecessarily (usually followed by at or about): He finds something to cavil at in everything I say.
- civils — (esp in names of companies) civil engineering
- clevis — the U-shaped component of a shackle for attaching a drawbar to a plough or similar implement
7 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- calving — to give birth to a calf: The cow is expected to calve tomorrow.
- calvino — Italo. 1923–85, Italian novelist and short-story writer. His works include Our Ancestors (1960) and Invisible Cities (1972)
- caviler — a person who cavils
- chervil — Chervil is a herb that tastes like aniseed.
- civilly — with civility; politely
8 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- acervuli — Plural form of acervulus.
- actively — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- archival — Archival means belonging or relating to archives.
- calvaria — the top part of the skull of vertebrates
- carnival — A carnival is a public festival during which people play music and sometimes dance in the streets.
9 letter words containing c, i, v, l
10 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- adjectival — Adjectival means relating to adjectives or like an adjective.
- afflictive — causing pain or misery
- allocative — the act of allocating; apportionment.
- archivolts — Plural form of archivolt.
11 letter words containing c, i, v, l
12 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accumulative — If something is accumulative, it becomes greater in amount, number, or intensity over a period of time.
- adjectivally — as an adjective
- adjunctively — in an adjunctive manner
- afflictively — in a distressing, troublesome, or afflictive manner
13 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- acculturative — relating to or resulting in acculturation
- achievability — The state or condition of being achievable.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acquisitively — In an acquisitive manner; for the purpose of acquisition.
- all-inclusive — All-inclusive is used to indicate that a price, especially the price of a holiday, includes all the charges and all the services offered.
14 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- abdominopelvic — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to the abdomen and (the cavity of) the pelvis.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- anticipatively — In an anticipative manner; expectantly.
- anticonvulsant — any of a class of drugs used to prevent or abolish convulsions
- antireflective — treated in some way to prevent reflection
15 letter words containing c, i, v, l
16 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- accumulativeness — The state or qualities of being accumulative.
- anti-calvinistic — the doctrines and teachings of John Calvin or his followers, emphasizing predestination, the sovereignty of God, the supreme authority of the Scriptures, and the irresistibility of grace. Compare Arminianism.
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
- chancellorsville — hamlet in NE Va. (now called Chancellor): site of a Civil War battle (May, 1863) won by Confederate forces
- chauvinistically — a person who is aggressively and blindly patriotic, especially one devoted to military glory.
17 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- anticompetitively — In an anticompetitive manner.
- capital-intensive — Capital-intensive industries and businesses need the investment of large sums of money. Compare labour-intensive.
- composite-volcano — a large, steep volcano built up of alternating layers of lava and ash or cinders.
18 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- counter-revolution — A counter-revolution is a revolution that is intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- neovascularization — the development of new blood vessels, especially in tissues where circulation has been impaired by trauma or disease.
- non-conversational — of, relating to, or characteristic of conversation: a conversational tone of voice.
- overspecialization — excessive specialization, as in a field of study.
19 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- conventionalization — to make conventional.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- individualistically — a person who shows great independence or individuality in thought or action.
20 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- lacto-ovo-vegetarian — Also called lactovarian [lak-tuh-vair-ee-uh n] /ˌlæk təˈvɛər i ən/ (Show IPA), ovolactarian, ovo-lacto-vegetarian. a vegetarian whose diet includes dairy products and eggs.
- material-equivalence — the state or fact of being equivalent; equality in value, force, significance, etc.
- obsessive-compulsive — of or relating to a personality style characterized by perfectionism, indecision, conscientiousness, concern with detail, rigidity, and inhibition.
21 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
22 letter words containing c, i, v, l
24 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
27 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- publius-licinius-valerianus — (Publius Licinius Valerianus) died a.d. c260, Roman emperor 253–60.
45 letter words containing c, i, v, l
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with C, I, V, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3533 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, I, V, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.