Words containing c, i, r, u
5 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- auric — of or containing gold in the trivalent state
- cauri — a monetary unit of Guinea, the 100th part of a syli.
- chiru — a Tibetan antelope, Pantholops hodgsoni, having a dense woolly pinkish-brown fleece prized as the source of shahtoosh wool: now close to extinction due to illegal slaughter for its fleece
- crius — a Titan, the son of Uranus and Gaea.
6 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- anuric — having anuria
- cerium — a malleable ductile steel-grey element of the lanthanide series of metals, used in lighter flints and as a reducing agent in metallurgy. Symbol: Ce; atomic no: 58; atomic wt: 140.115; valency: 3 or 4; relative density: 6.770; melting pt: 798°C; boiling pt: 3443°C
- circus — A circus is a group that consists of clowns, acrobats, and animals which travels around to different places and performs shows.
- cirque — a semicircular or crescent-shaped basin with steep sides and a gently sloping floor formed in mountainous regions by the erosive action of a glacier
- cirrus — Cirrus is a type of thin white cloud that forms at high altitudes.
7 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- acquire — If you acquire something, you buy or obtain it for yourself, or someone gives it to you.
- auricle — the upper chamber of the heart; atrium
- brucine — bitter poisonous alkaloid resembling strychnine and obtained from the tree Strychnos nuxvomica: used mainly in the denaturation of alcohol. Formula: C23H26N2O4
- brucite — the mineral form of magnesium hydroxide, translucent and white or pale green in colour
- butyric — of or obtained from butter
8 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- accruing — to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc.
- accurize — to improve the accuracy of (a firearm).
- acicular — shaped like a needle.
- aciduria — the condition of having acid in the urine, particularly at abnormally high levels
- aciduric — (of bacteria) capable of growth in an acid environment.
9 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- accurized — to improve the accuracy of (a firearm).
- acholuria — the absence of bile pigments in the urine.
- acquiring — to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
- actuarial — Actuarial means relating to the work of an actuary.
- actuarian — Insurance. a person who computes premium rates, dividends, risks, etc., according to probabilities based on statistical records.
10 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- acetonuria — ketonuria.
- acinarious — covered with globose vesicles resembling grape seeds, as certain algae.
- acquirable — to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
- acquisitor — a person who has a tendency to acquire (information or ideas), or a desire to possess
- acroterium — an ornament positioned on top of an acroter
11 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- accessorius — a muscle or nerve that has an augmenting action
- acculturize — to cause (a nation, tribe, or other ethnic group) to adopt the culture of another people.
- acquirement — an acquiring or being acquired
- acquisitory — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
12 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
- adjudicatory — relating to adjudication
- aeronautical — Aeronautical means involving or relating to the design and construction of aeroplanes.
13 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
14 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- altruistically — unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others (opposed to egoistic).
- anacardiaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Anacardiaceae, a chiefly tropical family of trees and shrubs many of which have edible drupes. The family includes the cashew, mango, pistachio, and sumach
15 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
16 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
17 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
19 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
20 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
21 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- conjunction-reduction — a rule that reduces coordinate sentences, applied, for example, to convert John lives in Ireland and Brian lives in Ireland into John and Brian live in Ireland
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
22 letter words containing c, i, r, u
23 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing c, i, r, u
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with C, I, R, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12198 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, I, R, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.