Words containing c, h, r, i, s
5 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- chris — a male given name, form of Christopher.
6 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- charis — Shari.
- chiros — the ladyfish, Elops saurus.
- chrism — a mixture of olive oil and balsam used for sacramental anointing in the Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches
- christ — Christ is one of the names of Jesus, whom Christians believe to be the son of God and whose teachings are the basis of Christianity.
- frisch — Karl von [kahrl von;; German kahrl fuh n] /kɑrl vɒn;; German kɑrl fən/ (Show IPA), 1886–1982, Austrian zoologist: Nobel Prize in Physiology 1973.
7 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- carlish — churlish or coarse
- cashier — A cashier is a person who customers pay money to or get money from in places such as shops or banks.
- charism — Theology. a divinely conferred gift or power.
- cherish — If you cherish something such as a hope or a pleasant memory, you keep it in your mind for a long period of time.
- choriso — chorizo.
8 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
- archaism — the adoption or imitation of something archaic, such as a word or an artistic or literary style
- archaist — something archaic, as a word or expression.
- archives — Usually, archives. documents or records relating to the activities, business dealings, etc., of a person, family, corporation, association, community, or nation.
- besmirch — If you besmirch someone or their reputation, you say that they are a bad person or that they have done something wrong, usually when this is not true.
9 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- achievers — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
- ahistoric — not related to or concerned with documented history
- anacharis — a genus of water plant native to North America and commonly used in aquariums
- anarchism — Anarchism is the belief that the laws and power of governments should be replaced by people working together freely.
- anarchist — An anarchist is a person who believes in anarchism.
10 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- anachorism — a geographical misplacement; something located in an incongruous position
- antichrist — the antagonist of Christ, expected by early Christians to appear and reign over the world until overthrown at Christ's Second Coming
- aphoristic — of, relating to, or resembling an aphorism
- archaistic — something archaic, as a word or expression.
11 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- affranchise — to release from servitude or an obligation
- ahistorical — not related to history; not historical
- anachronism — You say that something is an anachronism when you think that it is out of date or old-fashioned.
- anarchistic — An anarchistic person believes in anarchism. Anarchistic activity or literature promotes anarchism.
12 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- amphicarpous — producing two kinds of fruit that differ either in form or in time of ripening.
- anisomorphic — differing in the semantic scope of terms referring to the real world: for instance, English and Russian are anisomorphic with regard to colour terms, English treating light blue and navy blue as shades of one colour but Russian treating these two shades as unrelated
- antiphrastic — relating to antiphrasis
- apparatchiks — a member of an apparat, especially in a Communist country.
13 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- amphitrichous — having a single flagellum at each end.
- anachronistic — You say that something is anachronistic when you think that it is out of date or old-fashioned.
14 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- antaphrodisiac — Capable of reducing the sex drive.
- anticensorship — opposed to a policy or programme of censoring
- antihistorical — opposed to history or to methods which emphasize or require historical study
15 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
- anti-historical — of, pertaining to, treating, or characteristic of history or past events: historical records; historical research.
- archiepiscopacy — a form of church government in which power is vested in archbishops.
16 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
17 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- arithmetic-series — a sequence in which each term is obtained by the addition of a constant number to the preceding term, as 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 6, 1, −4, −9, −14.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
19 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
20 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- immunohistochemistry — the application of immunologic techniques to the chemical analysis of cells and tissues.
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
- mecklenburg-schwerin — a former state in NE Germany, formed in 1934 from two states (Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
21 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
24 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
25 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
26 letter words containing c, h, r, i, s
- philosophical-anthropology — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, R, I, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5912 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, R, I, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.