Words containing c, h, o, l, e
5 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
6 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- chole- — indicating bile or gall
- cholee — a short-sleeved blouse or bodice, often one exposing part of the midriff, worn by Hindu women in India.
- choler — anger or ill humour
- cloche — A cloche is a long, low cover made of glass or clear plastic that is put over young plants to protect them from the cold.
- clothe — To clothe someone means to provide them with clothes to wear.
7 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
8 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- alcithoe — a daughter of Minyas who was driven mad for mocking Dionysus.
- allocher — any of the variant forms of a chereme.
- bachelor — A bachelor is a man who has never married.
- blotched — Something that is blotched has blotches on it.
9 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
10 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- agathocles — 361–289 b.c, tyrant of Syracuse 317–289.
- alcoholate — any of a class of compounds, analogous to hydrates, containing chemically combined alcohol, as chloral alcoholate, C 4 Cl 3 H 7 O 2 .
11 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
- allocheiria — a medical condition in which sensation is felt at a different point on the body from that stimulated
- amphicelous — concave on both sides, as the bodies of the vertebrae of fishes.
12 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- agrochemical — a chemical, such as a pesticide, used for agricultural purposes
13 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- alcoholometer — an instrument, such as a specially calibrated hydrometer, for determining the percentage of alcohol in a liquid
- alpha-blocker — any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of alpha adrenoceptors, a type of receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, by adrenaline and noradrenaline and that therefore cause widening of blood vessels: used in the treatment of high blood pressure and prostatic hyperplasia
- anencephalous — congenital absence of part or all of the brain.
14 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
15 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- anti-technology — the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
- anticholinergic — blocking nerve impulses through the parasympathetic nerves
- atherosclerosis — a degenerative disease of the arteries characterized by patchy thickening of the inner lining of the arterial walls, caused by deposits of fatty material; a form of arteriosclerosis
- atmospherically — pertaining to, existing in, or consisting of the atmosphere: atmospheric vapors.
16 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anti-theoretical — of, relating to, or consisting in theory; not practical (distinguished from applied).
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
17 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
18 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
19 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
20 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
21 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- hexachlorocyclohexane — (chemistry) A six-chlorine substituted cyclohexane, a polyhalogenated compound used in pesticides.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
22 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- hexahydroxycyclohexane — inositol.
23 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
29 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
31 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
32 letter words containing c, h, o, l, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, O, L, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5689 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, O, L, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.