Words containing c, h, l, o, r
6 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- chlor- — chloro-
- choler — anger or ill humour
- choral — Choral music is sung by a choir.
- orchil — a violet coloring matter obtained from certain lichens, chiefly species of Roccella.
- orlich — Francisco J [frahn-sees-kaw] /frɑnˈsis kɔ/ (Show IPA), 1906–69, Costa Rican engineer and statesman: president 1962–66.
7 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- chabrol — Claude (klod). 1930–2010, French film director, whose films, such as Le Beau Serge (1958), Les Biches (1968), Le Boucher (1969), Au coeur du mensonge (1999), and La Fleur du mal (2003) explore themes of jealousy, guilt, and murder
- charlot — Jean [jeen;; French zhahn] /dʒin;; French ʒɑ̃/ (Show IPA), 1898–1979, U.S. painter, lithographer, and illustrator; born in France and active in Mexico.
- chloral — a colourless oily liquid with a pungent odour, made from chlorine and acetaldehyde and used in preparing chloral hydrate and DDT; trichloroacetaldehyde
- chloric — of or containing chlorine in the pentavalent state
- chloro- — indicating the colour green
8 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
- allocher — any of the variant forms of a chereme.
- bachelor — A bachelor is a man who has never married.
- calthrop — any of several plants having spiny heads or fruit, as those of the genera Tribulus and Kallstroemia, or the star thistle, Centaurea calcitrapa.
- chaldron — a unit of capacity equal to 36 bushels. Formerly used in the US for the measurement of solids, being equivalent to 1.268 cubic metres. Used in Britain for both solids and liquids, it is equivalent to 1.309 cubic metres
9 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- acholuria — the absence of bile pigments in the urine.
- antichlor — a substance used to remove chlorine from a material after bleaching or to neutralize the chlorine present
- archaeol. — archaeology
- archivolt — a moulding around an arch, sometimes decorated
- blowtorch — A blowtorch is the same as a blowlamp.
10 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- acronychal — occurring at sunset
- apocryphal — An apocryphal story is one which is probably not true or did not happen, but which may give a true picture of someone or something.
- archeology — archaeology
- archoplasm — the protoplasmic material surrounding the centrosome, formerly thought to be involved in the formation of the asters and spindle during mitosis
- arctophile — a person who collects teddy bears or is fond of them
11 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
- ahistorical — not related to history; not historical
- algorithmic — a set of rules for solving a problem in a finite number of steps, as for finding the greatest common divisor.
- allocheiria — a medical condition in which sensation is felt at a different point on the body from that stimulated
12 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- agrochemical — a chemical, such as a pesticide, used for agricultural purposes
- ailurophilic — relating to ailurophilia
13 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- alcoholometer — an instrument, such as a specially calibrated hydrometer, for determining the percentage of alcohol in a liquid
- allochromatic — Physical Chemistry. pertaining to or having photochemical properties resulting from an impurity or from exposure to radiation.
- alpha-blocker — any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of alpha adrenoceptors, a type of receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, by adrenaline and noradrenaline and that therefore cause widening of blood vessels: used in the treatment of high blood pressure and prostatic hyperplasia
14 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- anachronically — something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: The sword is an anachronism in modern warfare.
- antihistorical — opposed to history or to methods which emphasize or require historical study
15 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- anthropological — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-historical — of, pertaining to, treating, or characteristic of history or past events: historical records; historical research.
16 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- anti-theoretical — of, relating to, or consisting in theory; not practical (distinguished from applied).
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
17 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
19 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
20 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- hexachlorocyclohexane — (chemistry) A six-chlorine substituted cyclohexane, a polyhalogenated compound used in pesticides.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- hexahydroxycyclohexane — inositol.
- otorhinolaryngological — of or relating to the medical practice involving the ear, nose, and throat.
23 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
26 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- philosophical-anthropology — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
29 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
31 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
32 letter words containing c, h, l, o, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, L, O, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4793 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, L, O, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.